Can't help but notice..

Started by 2 large cokes, April 29, 2012, 01:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 large cokes

The amount of bloody late withdrawals. every week every team seems to be making more late withdrawals!! i know sometimes players are touch and go but ffs coaches when you no a player is deffinatly not playing then don't name them!

That's all :)

JamSainter

From a teams' perspective a coach would rather name a player and hope he gets up rather than not start them in their team at all.

mpollock

Maybe this means we need to adjust in terms of DT/SC:

- pick players who are REALLY durable and have a history of never missing games
- spend a little more on our bench to provide better cover

I know it is frustrating but there are some things people (don't know your specific team) can do to avoid this.
Don't pick Drummond for example ... avoid Sandilands and Mumford who rarely play 22 games.

If you are going to take a risk like these guys or for me Malceski ... ensure you have good cover or be prepared to deal with an extra trade or a donut.

Justin Bieber

Yeah don't pick hargrave... :'(

BC2010

Watch out for some of the Carlton guns this week....even the durable ones.

LEV

just make sure you have good bench cover. seems to be very important. a LOT of people are playing 1 - 2 players down this week.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: BC2010 on April 29, 2012, 01:28:18 PM
Watch out for some of the Carlton guns this week....even the durable ones.

Yeah. I mentioned that even the cheer squad could be a late out in that game. :P

The benefits of having plenty of GWS and GC cows over the last 2 years have been tempered by all this resting rubbish. Can't blame teams for doing it but it doesn't make our job very easy.

Lucastorm

Quote from: mpollock on April 29, 2012, 01:22:55 PM
Maybe this means we need to adjust in terms of DT/SC:

- pick players who are REALLY durable and have a history of never missing games
- spend a little more on our bench to provide better cover

I know it is frustrating but there are some things people (don't know your specific team) can do to avoid this.
Don't pick Drummond for example ... avoid Sandilands and Mumford who rarely play 22 games.

If you are going to take a risk like these guys or for me Malceski ... ensure you have good cover or be prepared to deal with an extra trade or a donut.

Sound advice, unfortunately you can only buff so many late withdrawals. Combined with injury, suspension and the occasional low score from a tagged premo middy, and you have a recipe for disaster - enter Round 5