Scores up across the board.....well half the board at least

Started by The F.A.R.K., April 18, 2012, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

I agree with your theory, though i would say the swans are in the middle group rather than the top. Very hard to see the premiership winner outside of hawks, blues cats pies and eagles. I also think the bullies are more of a lower tier ckub then a middle tier one. Your theory makes sense though, the good players from good clubs will do better against worse ckubs than ones at their iwn kevel in general.

The_Captain

Justin Bieber

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Jukes on April 18, 2012, 10:39:00 PM
Eagles 5th hahaha even with the umps on their side they couldn't beat gws by 100.

says the freo supporter

Quote from: whatlez on April 18, 2012, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: noto07 on April 18, 2012, 11:02:30 PM
Jukes mate, your and absolute D1ckhead!

Lol

haha

FlipFlops

elephants

Eagles 5th hahaha even with the umps on their side they couldn't beat gws by 100.
Clearly havent seen our outs.

Don't pull the umps drawcard like every other week. You're better than that Jukes.

How convincing were the Bombers against the Suns??

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on April 19, 2012, 04:32:09 AM
Clearly havent seen our outs.

Don't pull the umps drawcard like every other week. You're better than that Jukes.

How convincing were the Bombers against the Suns??

flowering shower.

The_Captain

;D Glad im not the only one who thinks it! haha. He bags every side and reckons the bombers are simply the best... The guys dreamingggggg.

DT Gun

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on April 18, 2012, 12:34:35 PM
The FARKS's theory on dreaamteam this year....

Has anyone else noticed how much difference their is in teams like gws,gc,bulldogs,melbourne compred to hawthorn, geelong, sydney and carlton.

The draft changes to help gws and gc has killed some teams lists who were struggling and the AFL is now facing the consequences

Team like Melbourne, Tigers ect who were bottom of the ladder teams while gc and gws were coming in missed out on vital draft picks. Also the drafts in these years were quite thin that has been made clear by recruiters. So a team like the dees who would have got a few first round picks were instead getting a single first round pick maybe a econd and a few in the third. When the really good talent runs out at around 10, these teams are only going to get one Judd,Buddy,Selwood of the future instead of 3. And then what about if this pick turns out to be a dud???

So for me there are 3 tiers to the premiership ladder. From 1-6 are youre top tier teams, they have a good chance of playing for the flag this year. As we have seen this is no longer just collingwood or geelong it has expanded. Next you have from 7 to 13 are youre middle teir teams. These guys could make finals but honestly dont have a real chance of a flag. And then finally there is 14-18. These guys are playing for development and are most likely to cop a flogging each week.

so this is what the ladder looks like in my terms...dont worry too much about positions just a rough guide

1. Geelong
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6. Sydney

7.Adelaide
8.Essendon
9. Fremantle
10. Bulldogs
11. Saints
12. Tigers
13. Kangas

14. Port
15. Lions
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

So in simple what i have noticed is that when a green team plays a red team, probably 50% of the team should get 90 points or more doesnt really matter who they are. This means guys like Scott Selwood, Gaff, Waters ect have been averaging very very well.

If a green team plays an orange team then maybe 30% of the team does very very well (depending i.e sudney v crows will obiously be different to hawthorn v roos). There havent been much examples of this so far

If a orange team plays a red team then again probably 30% of the team will score very very well. I.e crows v gold coast everyone did pretty well ect.

of course this isnt the case every time, with upsets like kangas geelong but the theory should be pretty simple. There are 6 premiership sides, these guys should do well most weeks, there are 7 sides playing for finals, these teams scoring will depend on their fixture. There are 5 sides with no chance of finals and these teams should struggle most weeks with only one or two players tonning up

in prevous years there has always been these three teirs pof teams but normally we have seen 4 teams gf then 8 teams finals and 4 team wooden spoon the gap in these teirs have just widened this year due to the drafts in previous years

good signs ahead for supporters of the lower teir teams tho because next years draft is set to be the biggest ever

There is probably more brain cells in my sunday morning grog bog than in your head. Well thats 2 minutes of my life i wont get back

Mama Bu

Quote from: DT Gun on April 25, 2012, 02:38:41 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on April 18, 2012, 12:34:35 PM
The FARKS's theory on dreaamteam this year....

Has anyone else noticed how much difference their is in teams like gws,gc,bulldogs,melbourne compred to hawthorn, geelong, sydney and carlton.

The draft changes to help gws and gc has killed some teams lists who were struggling and the AFL is now facing the consequences

Team like Melbourne, Tigers ect who were bottom of the ladder teams while gc and gws were coming in missed out on vital draft picks. Also the drafts in these years were quite thin that has been made clear by recruiters. So a team like the dees who would have got a few first round picks were instead getting a single first round pick maybe a econd and a few in the third. When the really good talent runs out at around 10, these teams are only going to get one Judd,Buddy,Selwood of the future instead of 3. And then what about if this pick turns out to be a dud???

So for me there are 3 tiers to the premiership ladder. From 1-6 are youre top tier teams, they have a good chance of playing for the flag this year. As we have seen this is no longer just collingwood or geelong it has expanded. Next you have from 7 to 13 are youre middle teir teams. These guys could make finals but honestly dont have a real chance of a flag. And then finally there is 14-18. These guys are playing for development and are most likely to cop a flogging each week.

so this is what the ladder looks like in my terms...dont worry too much about positions just a rough guide

1. Geelong
2.Hawthorn
3.Collingwood
4.Carlton
5.West Coast
6. Sydney

7.Adelaide
8.Essendon
9. Fremantle
10. Bulldogs
11. Saints
12. Tigers
13. Kangas

14. Port
15. Lions
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. GWS

So in simple what i have noticed is that when a green team plays a red team, probably 50% of the team should get 90 points or more doesnt really matter who they are. This means guys like Scott Selwood, Gaff, Waters ect have been averaging very very well.

If a green team plays an orange team then maybe 30% of the team does very very well (depending i.e sudney v crows will obiously be different to hawthorn v roos). There havent been much examples of this so far

If a orange team plays a red team then again probably 30% of the team will score very very well. I.e crows v gold coast everyone did pretty well ect.

of course this isnt the case every time, with upsets like kangas geelong but the theory should be pretty simple. There are 6 premiership sides, these guys should do well most weeks, there are 7 sides playing for finals, these teams scoring will depend on their fixture. There are 5 sides with no chance of finals and these teams should struggle most weeks with only one or two players tonning up

in prevous years there has always been these three teirs pof teams but normally we have seen 4 teams gf then 8 teams finals and 4 team wooden spoon the gap in these teirs have just widened this year due to the drafts in previous years

good signs ahead for supporters of the lower teir teams tho because next years draft is set to be the biggest ever

There is probably more brain cells in my sunday morning grog bog than in your head. Well thats 2 minutes of my life i wont get back

I totally agree with this theory
Its simple and we all knew it already but he has put it into words to show how the draft over the last two years has broadened the gap

TheMailman

Although tbh I ignore a lot of what FARK says, he actually has a really reasonable piece here even if it is a little obvious.

Please just gtfo Dt gun

DT Gun

So he used 1000 words to write this..

GOOD TEAMS SCORE WELL V BAD TEAMS

GOOD TEAMS SCORE OK AGAINST OK TEAMS

BAD TEAMS SCORE BAD AGAINST GOOD TEAMS.

Well after that DT Masterpiece ill be smashing up the ranks...

tbagrocks

hawks: Suck
Del, gods, Hurn, Waters!

murphy, s,selwood, swan, Ziebell, Ebert, walis!!!

Franklyn martin, chappy, Beams, Sidey, Fyfe!!!!