How much danger am I in of the VC loophole backfiring ?

Started by Scrads, April 26, 2012, 03:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

OK so I have Swanny as my VC, all good right ?

Well if Stephenson, Redden and Cameron all come in and none of my GWS rooks are rested (Kennedy, Smith, Townsend, Shiel, Jmac) and no other surprise omissions happen, I will have 30 playing players (I have already traded Ablett to Pendlebury)

Won't that be annoying :/

I would have to go Boyd as captain v GWS (assuming I dont choose to trade in a non-playing player :P)

Holz

I think it would be more annoying if you use the emergency spot on a wasted player than you get a late withdrawal and eat a donut over it. I always think its safer not to use loophole.

esquire

ironic isn't it after the weeks we've had with injuries and omissions that the issue is now that all 30 of your players could play and make money. PS - why did you trade Ablett? Surely he'll be back sooner than later and with GWS on the horizon....

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on April 26, 2012, 03:18:52 PM
I think it would be more annoying if you use the emergency spot on a wasted player than you get a late withdrawal and eat a donut over it. I always think its safer not to use loophole.

The slightly annoying part is I'm certain I would have gone Swan as captain regardless of the loophole. Also scared that if say, Redden isn't picked and I use him then he could be a late inclusion and score me 30 as captain :o

Dave085

stew42

Holz

Cayenne

This is possibly the only upside I see in the news that sandi is out.

fertalong

GWS have said they would make 4-5 changes this week, so there's a good chance that you will have at least one out. My money's on Kennedy to be hit by general soreness.

Justin Bieber

I can't use it so I'm happy. 211 could e used if you have him scrads.

T Dog

I have had Bouimann at D9 from the start. 18 points so far...but now I can make him captain with Ellis or Smedts as sub. Swannies score as VC because of an unused rook..you beauty!! :o Ablett likely to be traded now :-\ :-\ :-\

BlackMamba

Redden wasn't even named as E so use him if you to.

Cayenne

Quote from: T Dog on April 26, 2012, 08:10:35 PM
I have had Bouimann at D9 from the start. 18 points so far...but now I can make him captain with Ellis or Smedts as sub. Swannies score as VC because of an unused rook..you beauty!! :o Ablett likely to be traded now :-\ :-\ :-\
I was going to use boumann as well (had him since start same spot), but now after seeing the teams it looks like I've got half my side available for it...

Scrads

Update: all good, will have 22 playing, Swan will get doubled. Hall got dropped so even if one of my starting forwards are out its not like he can replace them, so nothing can go wrong with my loophole now :) unless Kennedy is somehow a late inclusion but he isn't named an emergency :)