Backman Round 11 and 12 Which Will You Choose?

Started by BGK, April 26, 2012, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

With most of us trying to limit the carnage in the bye rounds I think it's safe to assume that we will be going with a 2/2/3 back line setup. Most of us will have or aim to have 3 players out in round 13. This leaving us with 4 positions to spread evenly over the other 2 rounds. So my question is which two from each week would you really like to have?

Round 11

Adcock
Hanley
Lake
Hargrave
Waters

Round 12

Shaw
Heppel
Broughton
Duffield
Enright
Malceski

Let me know which 4 (2 from each week) that you want in your team?

Currently I already have Waters and Shaw in my side and I'm trying to decide which others I want. At the moment im leaning towards Enright and Adcock/Hanley.

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

colmullet

BGK

Quote from: colmullet on April 26, 2012, 02:44:36 PM
currently have hargrave, heppel and malceski

But who would be your 2nd choice from week 11?

colmullet

probably adcock i guess, will keep an eye on him over the rounds leading up to the bye

Ricochet

I have Hargs(R11), Waters(R11), Broughts(R12) and Bugg(R11) atm. I'm hoping that a round 12 rookie back pops up closer to the byes so i can downgrade Bugg to him. If one doesn't i'll be looking at Shaw

picker_man

hanley (currently have)
waters (dont want but best of the other rd11backs)

heppel (currently have)
shaw(bringing in when his price drops)
but i plan on going into the byes with 4 rd13 premo backs (goddard,delidio,scotland,birchall) and 3 rd13 premo fwds so theres my 3 donuts

Cayenne

Currently have Hargrave and Broughton, looking at Waters and Heppel but considering going them after their byes trading out morris and ellis.

Holz

im going with the 2,3,4 structure

I have Waters and hargreave but if i was going to trade in players it would be 1.Waters 2. Adcock

Round 12 I have Eski and Clarke and I will keep clarke so i need another round 12 guy im thinking Mackie or Enright dpeending on how they go. But Mackie is my first option.

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on April 26, 2012, 02:59:15 PM

I have Waters and hargreave but if i was going to trade in players it would be 1.Waters 2. Adcock

Round 12 I have Eski and Clarke and I will keep clarke so i need another round 12 guy im thinking Mackie or Enright dpeending on how they go. But Mackie is my first option.

I probably should've clarified. I meant as a premium structure. I've decided that I won't be sideways trading at all during those rounds and just taking what donuts come my way. I will upgrade my team as fast as possible and just ride my luck from then on.  I will probably try to have a 3/3/3 structure. I feel people will waste to many trades in the bye rounds and I will make a late charge with a few extra trades up my sleeve.

Holz

Quote from: BGK on April 26, 2012, 03:05:49 PM

I probably should've clarified. I meant as a premium structure. I've decided that I won't be sideways trading at all during those rounds and just taking what donuts come my way. I will upgrade my team as fast as possible and just ride my luck from then on.  I will probably try to have a 3/3/3 structure. I feel people will waste to many trades in the bye rounds and I will make a late charge with a few extra trades up my sleeve.

why would you go 3/3/3 it means you will have to trade round 11 or cop a donut. My reasoning for the 2/3/4 strucutre is all the good backman in my opinion are round 13 so in round 11 you do nothing, than round 12 I have 2 premium 1 rook in Enright, Eski, Clarke if there is a downgrade option and even if I pay say 150k for a rookie who has gone up I will do it if not I will have to straight swap to a guy like adcock but thats not preferable as I dont want him. Than Round 13 I Should have the 3 premium 1 rook and again if there is a downgrade target I will do it if not straight swap to Shaw

If i was forced to go premiums would go Waters than Adcock
and Shaw and Enright

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on April 26, 2012, 03:16:14 PM

why would you go 3/3/3 it means you will have to trade round 11 or cop a donut. My reasoning for the 2/3/4 strucutre is all the good backman in my opinion are round 13 so in round 11 you do nothing, than round 12 I have 2 premium 1 rook in Enright, Eski, Clarke if there is a downgrade option and even if I pay say 150k for a rookie who has gone up I will do it if not I will have to straight swap to a guy like adcock but thats not preferable as I dont want him. Than Round 13 I Should have the 3 premium 1 rook and again if there is a downgrade target I will do it if not straight swap to Shaw

and Shaw and Enright

I understand the reasoning behind your structure and I understand your strategy. I just doubt you will have enough trades to stick to it.

Are you planing to have a fully upgraded team at all? Let's say best case scenario you only have 6 rookies on field to upgrade, I have 7. So that's 12 trades to get a fully upgraded team. If you use 6 trades over the bye rounds, you'll have 6 remaining, if you haven't used any yet. I'm going to assume like me you've used 2 already. Is 4 trades going to be enough for injuries and finals? I think I'm leaving myself short with 6 trades.

BGK

I'd rather have an upgraded team with a few extra trades in my hand and cop donuts in the bye rounds then sideways trade throughout those weeks. Chances are it will be absolute carnage across those rounds anyway.

Ricochet

Quote from: BGK on April 26, 2012, 03:25:43 PM
I'd rather have an upgraded team with a few extra trades in my hand and cop donuts in the bye rounds then sideways trade throughout those weeks. Chances are it will be absolute carnage across those rounds anyway.
Its going to be very very messy if you haven't done some planning for it. And even if you have there will be injuries, players being rested, rookies not getting games and suspensions...

Holz

Quote from: BGK on April 26, 2012, 03:23:39 PM
Quote from: Holzman on April 26, 2012, 03:16:14 PM

and Shaw and Enright

I understand the reasoning behind your structure and I understand your strategy. I just doubt you will have enough trades to stick to it.

Are you planing to have a fully upgraded team at all? Let's say best case scenario you only have 6 rookies on field to upgrade, I have 7. So that's 12 trades to get a fully upgraded team. If you use 6 trades over the bye rounds, you'll have 6 remaining, if you haven't used any yet. I'm going to assume like me you've used 2 already. Is 4 trades going to be enough for injuries and finals? I think I'm leaving myself short with 6 trades.

As it stands its looking like i might have to keep danger, hargreave and giles but I can upgrade all my rookies. Im actually starting to agree with you i think copping a donut may be a decent option. 2 donuts loss of maybee 160 points so you have to make that up with a good double trade. The thing is will having a premium over the last 10-12 rounds beat out a hargreave by enough points to make it worth dropping the 160 points.

I have used 4 trades so im in huge trouble and i was planning kennedy to trealor this week and than double trading next week so 7 trades down and my forward line is technically fully upgraded with danger my worst player. Rucks i could stick with Sandi and Giles

Mids I have 4 premiums so will need 4 trades for that at least possibly 5. Backs I Have Hargreaves, Clarke, Bugg on the field so 5 trades to fix that up. So 17 trades left  8-9 needed for upgrades tha leaves me with 7-8 for injuries not including byes. It means i have to be using only 2-3 trades in the byes to stop donuts so hoping on a few downgrades if not I will have to cop donuts or im in trouble

This year im going for really cheap upgrade targets so instead of the usual trying to bring in birchall and shaw I might go for Mackie and Carrots so that might take 3 trades instead of 4-5 to do.