SC Scoring for taggers

Started by Ringo, April 22, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Know there was a comment on this previously but have been unable to locate so apologies for starting new thread.

Know this may sound biased but if ever there was a case for effect of taggers to be recognised for their effect on game it was last night. (For the record I do not have Raines in my team).  Andrew Raines only scored 57 SC points which included a goal by zoning off. This does not recognize his contribution to the game.  Although Ablett still recorded 33 possessions Raines ensured that disposals from possessions in most cases was hurried and ineffective which was largely responsible for the Suns lack of scoring. I suspect coaches will be watching the video to see Raines's efforts in containing him. 

So what i am saying we recognise Goals or marks impact so why not bonus points for effective tagging/shut down.

jabroni

because then we would need to also take into account the role key defenders do and nobody wants to see D Glass on 100 sc points  :P

tom_scully

Ringo

Thanks Scully some useful information in there especially with clangers being recorded as -6. See SC site has been updated now as well.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on April 24, 2012, 06:47:55 AM
Thanks Scully some useful information in there especially with clangers being recorded as -6. See SC site has been updated now as well.
knew i shouldnt have selected boyd :/