Main Menu

Worst Umpiring Everrrrr

Started by BoredSaint, April 20, 2012, 11:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

What about the Sydney v Freo game where Mzungu's head got sat on (in the goal square) and there was no free kick paid.  That non decision could have made the difference in that game.  The free kick paid for the incorrect interchange paperwork was also a joke.

TheMailman

Quote from: valkorum on April 21, 2012, 11:38:06 AM
What about the Sydney v Freo game where Mzungu's head got sat on (in the goal square) and there was no free kick paid.  That non decision could have made the difference in that game.  The free kick paid for the incorrect interchange paperwork was also a joke.

Technically if the dumb interchange free kick wasn't paid then a whole new set of events would of happened (maybe Freo would of won). Obviously that is no excuse to the Mzungu situation.

pyronerd

I felt, watching last night that on one occasion a soft 50m penalty was given to a freo player in I believe the 2nd quarter, then, later in the same quarter, Goddard marked the ball 40m out on a 45 degree angle, and was tackled, which prevented him passing off to Milne for a near certain goal. The 50m wasn't paid and Goddard missed. where is the fairness in that? There were also numerous times where Freo players were tackled, spun over 360 degrees, and not penalised, it was my understanding that when a player is spun 360 degrees with opportunity to dispose of the ball, that it should be called holding it.

Don't even get me started on Kosi/Dawson either ::)

bomberboy0618

Carlton seem to me to be the team with the most favouritism in regards to free kicks.
I guess 3 votes is a large part of that.

Master Q

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 21, 2012, 07:30:32 PM
Carlton seem to me to be the team with the most favouritism in regards to free kicks.
Not today  ::)

AFEV

Quote from: Master Q on April 21, 2012, 07:34:42 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on April 21, 2012, 07:30:32 PM
Not today  ::)
I thought the umpiring was pretty good today. Apart from a couple of howlers to Betts which resulted in four, and probably a couple to us that I missed due to my Bombers goggles.

bomberboy0618

There were a couple to us that I thought were stupid. It was even today I will admit, but I watch Carlton games and the amount of rubbish umpiring that goes on amazes me.

BoredSaint

Umpiring tonight was pretty terrible as well

Jukes

Quote from: BoredSaint on April 21, 2012, 11:30:21 PM
Umpiring tonight was pretty terrible as well

+1

Cox, Natanui, Kennedy and Darling seemed to get away with everything and the umps were very strict on hawks (I would know I was at the game).

arzbar96

Umpiring was utter bs. Reason eagles can't lose in Perth is the bloody umps.

Jukes

I can sense that ele is on his way to be bias toward the eagles soon...

LF

Seriously why the whinging about the umps?
They are shower most of the time anyway and always will be doesn't matter who is playing who.
They give bad decisions in every game every single week.
It's really no use worrying about the decisions they make because in the end they give a shower one to one team and then they give a shower one to the other team.
They are so stupidly inconsistent with their calls from one game to the next.
And lastly it won't get any better because the guys umpiring the juniors(some of whom will be future afl umps) are doing exactly the same thing as the senior/afl umps.