Is Bucks trolling??

Started by felsty, April 20, 2012, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With the Magpies quick turnaround for Anzac Day has Buckley rested Thomas and Shaw or are they actually injured?

Thomas and Shaw are genuinely injured
They are resting against the power to be fresh for Anzac day!

felsty

This poll will pretty much make or break my trades for this week.. Do you think Shaw will play on Anzac Day or that he is genuinely injured.. Geoff Walsh has said that there isn't an injury crisis and I think it's also strange that BOTH Thomas and Shaw have been listed as hamstring injuries.. What do people think? I don't want to trade out Shaw if he will come back in next week..

BGK

Quote from: felsty on April 20, 2012, 12:31:54 PM
This poll will pretty much make or break my trades for this week.. Do you think Shaw will play on Anzac Day or that he is genuinely injured.. Geoff Walsh has said that there isn't an injury crisis and I think it's also strange that BOTH Thomas and Shaw have been listed as hamstring injuries.. What do people think? I don't want to trade out Shaw if he will come back in next week..

I've had the same thoughts. I can't make my mind up.

TheMailman

I doubt he's just resting them.

atm Collingwood need as much momentum as they possibly can. They really need to work better and get some more confidence and he'd definately want Shaw and Thomas playing. Even though they're playing Port every game is important atm.

Turkies

Not resting them, a genuine injury. Look at all the outs the pies have right now. We're missing about 7-8 players (not including Shaw/Daisy) from our 22. We don't have the luxury of resting players right now, need all the help we can get.

felsty

If he plays Anzac Day I will boo you all! Lol

Colliwobblers

I think we do have the luxurt and i thinnk shaw makes sense to rest given he is actualy in form and trying the rest need to be played into form so resting them makes no sense.

the confusing bit is i dont think daisy is in the same boat as shaw and could be called in form, so why is he not playing.

could be genuine injuries, but how coincidental and MONUMENTALLY stupid, can a proffessional outfit that monitors every activity and every minute spent training for every player allow TWO players to do hamstrings in Wednesday training session?

i smell a rat, either way i won't be trading Shaw it could be 1 game or 3, thats not enough for a sideways premium trade i think.

felsty

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 20, 2012, 12:51:59 PM
I think we do have the luxurt and i thinnk shaw makes sense to rest given he is actualy in form and trying the rest need to be played into form so resting them makes no sense.

the confusing bit is i dont think daisy is in the same boat as shaw and could be called in form, so why is he not playing.

could be genuine injuries, but how coincidental and MONUMENTALLY stupid, can a proffessional outfit that monitors every activity and every minute spent training for every player allow TWO players to do hamstrings in Wednesday training session?

i smell a rat, either way i won't be trading Shaw it could be 1 game or 3, thats not enough for a sideways premium trade i think.
Even if it means trading Marc Murphy in as a fourth premium mid?

bowyanger

People would be surprised what strategies coaches come up with...I have no doubt about that what so ever...all you have to do is take a look at the feeble excuses they put out just before finals (general soreness anyone??)

You never know...Heater and Daisy could be the ones in the Ducks ear spruiking the players dont like Buckley

I am totally convinced Lids wasnt injured during the NAB cup either

It comes back to the old saying.......you dont wear your best shoes when your milking the cows (i made that up)

Whats trippy is that I made a post around febuary on this site saying that I wouldnt get any Pies players as we dont know how they would play under the new coach...I even said that some players wouldnt like it as Buckley is very different to MM and wouldnt be as respected. Some of them played with Buckley and he is now their coach

I was very surprised to hear Daisy' confession to staring at the coaches box whilst on the ground..but he would have never done that to MM

Colliwobblers

@ felsty - If you bring in Murphy for Shaw with some kind of double trade your team is going to score a lot more, you burn two trades but they are for improving your team and for no other reason.

You can't take your trades to the grave with you, or is that your money? Given the defenders that can be relied on week in week out for 100's number 2 maybe 4 skimping on your defense and improving your midfield makes sense so if you downgrade shaw and upgrade mid to another elite you cant lose points you simply WILL score more, I wouldn't trade Shaw sideways to another defender unless you don't have Goddard or Delidio, but what you suggest isn't a BAD idea, might still regret it tho if Shaw is back in 1,2 or even 3 weeks and averaged 90+ which he should for the rest of the season.

@ bowyanger - from what the commentators say the pies players DID used to throw up a bit of crap under MM too, he loved Daisy maybe Daisy wasn't that disrespectul too him, but maybe He got what he wanted out of them, the underlying respect was there, so the rest didn't matter.

What we do know is Bucks has significantly increased the workload on what MM was demanding and the players don't seem to like it.

I rate MM by a million miles over Bucks but really if they are acting this way because he is making them train harder, pffft they should tear up thier contracts and send them off to GWS and see if Sheeds puts up with thier BS, I doubt they would enjoy his regime any more than they would bucks, and I doubt on last weeks effort Sheeds would be too dissapointed they have all resigned with the Pies.

(except cloke who is going to GWS with Goddard and a mystery midfielder..... or maybe a ruck)

My bet Shaw is being rested Daisy is being dropped. But if I was Bucks I would have dropped Daisy publicly and not this week I would have let him play shower again this week then dropped him for ANZC day.

As for "injured players" Glass last week wasn't rested he was injured along with Priddis and Rosa, and as for thier injuries?

Glass - Torn Shorts

Priddis - Dirty Jumper

Rosa - bruised boot

injury lists and reports = blaaaa

bowyanger

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 20, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
@ felsty - If you bring in Murphy for Shaw with some kind of double trade your team is going to score a lot more, you burn two trades but they are for improving your team and for no other reason.

You can't take your trades to the grave with you, or is that your money? Given the defenders that can be relied on week in week out for 100's number 2 maybe 4 skimping on your defense and improving your midfield makes sense so if you downgrade shaw and upgrade mid to another elite you cant lose points you simply WILL score more, I wouldn't trade Shaw sideways to another defender unless you don't have Goddard or Delidio, but what you suggest isn't a BAD idea, might still regret it tho if Shaw is back in 1,2 or even 3 weeks and averaged 90+ which he should for the rest of the season.

@ bowyanger - from what the commentators say the pies players DID used to throw up a bit of crap under MM too, he loved Daisy maybe Daisy wasn't that disrespectul too him, but maybe He got what he wanted out of them, the underlying respect was there, so the rest didn't matter.

What we do know is Bucks has significantly increased the workload on what MM was demanding and the players don't seem to like it.

I rate MM by a million miles over Bucks but really if they are acting this way because he is making them train harder, pffft they should tear up thier contracts and send them off to GWS and see if Sheeds puts up with thier BS, I doubt they would enjoy his regime any more than they would bucks, and I doubt on last weeks effort Sheeds would be too dissapointed they have all resigned with the Pies.

(except cloke who is going to GWS with Goddard and a mystery midfielder..... or maybe a ruck)

My bet Shaw is being rested Daisy is being dropped. But if I was Bucks I would have dropped Daisy publicly and not this week I would have let him play shower again this week then dropped him for ANZC day.

As for "injured players" Glass last week wasn't rested he was injured along with Priddis and Rosa, and as for thier injuries?

Glass - Torn Shorts

Priddis - Dirty Jumper

Rosa - bruised boot

injury lists and reports = blaaaa

So we sorta agree then.

I agree with you on the Daisy missing Anzac call...havnt they said its 2 weeks anyways? That would mean they wont play this wednesday coming?

I would say a Hawk player, along with I.Smith would be going to GWS...Hawks have massive salary pressure.

Im still dirty on the Hawks trading out JPKennedy because he couldnt get a game, but in the same trade period would have paid a bucket load to get Burgoyne who is no way nearly as influential in games as JPK

T Dog

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 20, 2012, 01:26:57 PM

This seems just about right there CW  8). Probably the only reason Harry O wasnt dropped on form  ;D ;D ;D Next week Dawes and O ankle issues...IMO ::)

Noz

Port Adelaide will beat Collingwood

Shaw will play next week

Thomas week after

alexross

Quote from: Noz on April 20, 2012, 03:54:56 PM
Port Adelaide will beat Collingwood

Shaw will play next week

Thomas week after

Im hoping Collingwood will win but i agree with shaw playing ANZAC day.

tor01doc

I voted to confuse you.   ???