Last minute change of mind ... I like to be out there with my trades!!

Started by mpollock, April 20, 2012, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

So i am keeping Fyfe and Dempsey.

I am now looking to jump on a potential breakout candidate before they rise and save cash on a star about to drop in price.

My trade idea:

Mummy down to Kreuzer
Dickson up to Tippett (I had some cash in my kitty to make this happen)

Mumford has a B/E of 170 and Kreuzer looks like a keeper ... playing really well in one of the top teams.
Wish i could have done this last week but had other problems.

Dickson doesn't look like making me much cash and Tippett is averaging 120 with a reallly easy draw continuing this week against GWS.

I am happy to burn some trades early as long as they get me another premium ... this will give me 5 true premiums (if Tippett keeps it up) in my forwards to go with my mids of Pendles, Ablett, M.Murphy, Boyd, Stanton, Magner.

Kreuzer and Giles in ruck is looking safe ... now just need to upgrade a few defenders and my team is looking really strong.  Have Goddard, Deledio, Malceski, Dempsey, Clarke etc

A little crazy these trades but sticking with my plan of trading hard early and going with my gut ... moved away from this last week and was a mini disaster!!  :)

tor01doc

Kreuzer looks the goods.

Mummy will be a keeper though. Maybe the money not relevant then?

Tippett hurt me once so not going back there. Risky that one.

Broughton?  ;)

mpollock

I still have Broughton ringing in my ears from my disaster trade to Dempsey last week.  :)

But I have also traded in M.Murphy, Stanton (2nd overall) and Milera so far this year so pretty happy with those trades.  Dempsey may yet redeem himself  :)

I know Mummy is a keeper but think the trade is worth it for the money i get and allows another premium in my forwards (if Tippett works out that way).  Kreuzer will probably score close to mummy this season at this rate.

Mumford wil also most likely play in the wet this week and is a touch injury prone & suspension prone for that matter.

tor01doc

I'm going minimal trades.

None yet.

No donuts this week.

Coming home strong this year.

Good luck.

I'll be watching you.

mpollock

Cheers - good luck to you as well.  :)

Went with the conservative approach the last few years ... usually good for a certain top 1000-5000 finish (which is pretty good really given the number of entrants).  Going a bit all or nothing this year ... top 100 or bust ... so much comes down to luck however!!  :)

hannebery2rohan

i reckon mumford has a 150+ just around the corner. be warned.