Chapman & Fyfe

Started by Droll_1985, April 17, 2012, 03:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droll_1985

Any suggestions on the 2 above players

Double trade this week for 2 premiums would be stupid im thinking but champman could have finally bombed out and Fyfe's shoulder is sure to be a hinderance all year.....

Also not sold on the forward trade options and swapping Fyfe into the mids to trade would leave me with Coniglio & Shiel as bench players only....

but if i was going to pull the trigger it would most likely be

Fyfe - N Roo

Chapman - C Cornes or Boomer.....

thoughts?

JamSainter

Chapman is on his last legs imo.
I'd suggest trading him to someone with the same bye round so it doesn't impact you too much.
Maybe someone like Cloke/Sidebottom/Zaharakis?
If you not fussed about the byes maybe Mitch Robinson, Lewis or even Roughead as a smokie?

Hippo

you suggest trading a premium after one bad game!!!? to Zara who had a just as bad score!

thats shower house advice

colmullet

yeah chappy just had an ordinary game, he was going fine till then, hes worth sticking with

ubeaut

Ok. Chappy - looked pretty bad vs North but so did half the team. Hopefully it was a hangover from the Hawks game. He was good r2 with 120 odd. Got massively tagged by Crowley in r1 but still got alot of ball and got 90. I'd hold for now. Can't keep a good team/player down in Cats/Chappy for too long.

Cornes - I was tempted to trade him in but was worried about him missing a game every 5-6 weeks like he said he(and other senior players) would PS. He's now gone up alot in price too. Will score well but will he play enough games?

Boomer - Like Goodes age doesn't seem to affect him too much. Only didn't pick him this season cause I thought at this stage of his career he would be up forward alot,with heaps of mids at North(Bastinac,Ziebell,Swallow,Wells,Anthony,Adams) but obviously Scott sees his value as a mid. North look alot better this year(Wells in form,HMac back),so that will only help his scores.

NRoo - I still need to see him perform against top teams/defenders before I'm convinced. Same for the whole team. Port-GC-Doggies hardly good opposition. Looks more confident though. COULD pay off.

You seem to have enough prem mids for now so get a FWD. Fyfe - NRoo/Boomer/Sidebum

JamSainter

Quote from: Hippo on April 17, 2012, 03:58:58 PM
you suggest trading a premium after one bad game!!!? to Zara who had a just as bad score!

thats shower house advice
Zaha had 2 good games before that and has much more improvement in him. I also listed other options, make of it what you will but Chapman does not look great. And the guy is intent on trading him so why should people try and stop someone from using THEIR trades.?

AndyJ

I'm a touch concerned with Chappy's new role in the midfield .. His fortè over the last 5 years has been his ability to make space across half forward taking loads of chest marks and kicking more than his fair share of goals. This new role which sees him fighting (somewhat unsuccessfully) for contested possessions around the congestion just doesnt scream heaps of points to me.

Get chappy back into the half forward line. Its where Geelong are breaking down .. and where the bald knight shines brightest.

Birry

I didn't start with Franklin because of his tough draw. Well he kind of proved me wrong. Tons against Adelaide and Collingwood. Anyways it was an easy trade for me.

Fyfe > Sidebottom
Chapman > Franklin