Looking to do my first upgrade

Which one do you think is a better option

Currently got about 240k in the kitty

Mids are

GAJ, Pendles, S Selwood, Shiel, Magner, Coniglio, Ledger, JMac

Forwards

Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Chapman, Danger, Porps, Kennedy, Milera, Hall

tor01doc

Porps has a BE of 4 - he'll get that. Wait a week or two.

Ziebell won't change in price this week. Wait a week or two.

St K have Freo and NRoo still not a lock. Wait a week or two.

Coniglio has a low BE. Wait a week or two.

Sit tight. Not a lot to be gained atm. You'll thank me come round 19 when trades are running out.

FonFatty

You have obviously used 2 trades already with S Selwood in your team as well as Milera. Sit tight, the players you have mentioned are playing and not scoring that much less than the guys you want to bring in. Trades are gold, dont use them for exotic reasons like you have mentioned above.

esquire

I think you should wait a week or two. Not sure if anyone else agrees?  :P

sj9177

All fair points, and definitely turned me around on the Ziebell trade

But im still not convinced on Porp -> NRoo

Roo looks like hes back (im a saints fan and was very down on Roo) but with 3 100+ scores and a saints team that looks more solid is giving me food for though

Porps was never in my team as a long term keeper, he was a stepping stone who could hopefully pull a Petrie and score big

Given Adelaide has had 3 "easy" games and hes still averaging around 60 ish i dont think its overly stupid to try and get in a genuine prem in the forward line

Food for thought, love the feedback and as alway you guys are talking sense, but my gut tells me the Roo trade has potential

thanks for putting in the effort guys, really appreciate it :)

charliesheen

Porps has GWS.  Wait another week so you can have a better look at your options.

tor01doc

We appreciate your appreciation but Porps is averaging 78 I think and plays the 'bye' this week. An old flat track bully like him could kick a bag.

PS how big is your gut?  :D

sj9177

Quote from: tor01doc on April 17, 2012, 01:07:03 AM
We appreciate your appreciation but Porps is averaging 78 I think and plays the 'bye' this week. An old flat track bully like him could kick a bag.

PS how big is your gut?  :D

Ha Ha.... Hiding a 6 pack inside a keg quiet well, thanks :)

akbal

Have you considered waiting a week or two?

mudgee

Quote from: sj9177 on April 17, 2012, 01:00:45 AM
Given Adelaide has had 3 "easy" games and hes still averaging around 60 ish i dont think its overly stupid to try and get in a genuine prem in the forward line
Easy games? We just played the Hawks!! (=Þ) Actually no, I suppose it was an easy game... for Hawthorne :(
Hang on to him until after the showdown in round 5 (at least) and he'll make you even more $$$

BlackMamba

Hang on to Porps I reckon. He did average against GCS but apparently in that game, they just cleared out the forward line for Tippet. Anyways, apparently GWS have done alright against key forwards in the past few games so Porps could do alright if the focus is on Tippet and Walker. He got a little bit of midfield/center time from what I saw against the Hawks.

coolfugitiv0

For his price, Porps has been doing extremely well.

jasonweare

Hold out on porps I reckon. Got more money to make. But then if n roo can keep his scoring there is some points you could miss out on.

Footyrulz

Dont trade!!! Both those are still going to MOO much longer!!!!