Matthew Leuenberger

Started by EZA100, April 15, 2012, 12:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZA100

Was his calf bad or did he just pull up really sore

MC

Achilles. Might be out for awhile.

jumbo

does this mean billy longer gets the number 1 ruck spot? or sharing with who?

will it be worth trading him in after his second game to cash in?

Mat0369

The ice on the back of his leg was lower then his calf. Agree with MC that it is his achillies. I think he had problems with it in the pre-season as well. Hudson if he is fit would be the replacement for Leuenberger to share the load with Longer.

bkp130

As said above he was in doubt towards the start of the season with his achillies so i can see longer getting a few more points.

I might have to look at trading him in before his price rises

EZA100

i have longer and giles on my bench so if it's not really bad ill keep him

Ringo

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-lose-matthew-leunenberger-in-29-point-loss-to-fremantle-dockers/story-e6frepex-1226326623173
"Leuenberger has suffered tendonitis of his achilles in the past months and it was that area where Lions medical staff treated when he was subbed out of the game.
Coach Michael Voss was unsure of the extent of the injury and did not know how many games it would cost the club's number one ruckman.
"It is partial, we have to get scans and confirm what it is but the early indications are it is nothing major," he said."

Confirms injury to Achiles and length of time uncertain.  Watch for the results of scans before deciding action

Additional info:
Local News reports tonight are saying Calf strain so looks like we wait for scans tomorrow.

The Bomber

everyone is so hyped about injuries/suspension

boys (and girls) we have a week to assess then trade, then reverse, then trade, then reverse, then trade etc...

and finally make the wrong decision :p

HotTiges

Achilies injuries lurk around alot.. he'd be a pain to have in ya team