Waters out for 6 weeks

Started by bluebaggers, December 09, 2009, 01:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebaggers

I know alot of people are thinking of putting Waters in their teams for the fact he will be so cheap....

Think again... out for 6 weeks of preseason with knee problems... seems like another Andrew Raines imo...

too risky

lewis

At this early stage of pre - season I am still prepared to lock him in as my 8th or 9th defender. He is definitely in the eagles best 22 / starting 18 and even if he plays 8 - 11 games its a minimum of 6 decent price rises. I think its a punt worth having. I would probably compare him to a Nathan Bock and the effect he has on the spine.

I'm happy for him to sit on the pine for 5 - 6 rounds and then play most games as he will provide some real upgrade value perhaps reach the 'Broughton' heights of keeper status.

However if he does a hernia or something of that nature carving out push-ups, I agree he is too much of a risk.

MiGZ

Compare him to Nathan Bock? wtf, are you serious?

He plays a HBF or BP and shuts down medium sized forwards, hes not a KPP and doesn't play down the spine. He's an enforcer in the same mould as Woosh was in his day, and thats the reason why he will play in their 22 if fit.

BigV

If Waters misses round one, then I will start with Phil Davis and put Waters in my emergency until he returns. If he is out for the season, then I will select Jesse W Smith or someone else.

Team_Lactose

From all reports here in the west he will be fit for round one and could even play late NAB CUP.