Cox, to trade or not to trade??

Started by B.Smugglers, April 19, 2012, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Nice one.  When you can't think of logical arguments resort to Ad Hominems.

Typical.

BlackMamba

Quote from: BratPack on April 20, 2012, 01:47:09 PM
Some people are so quick to use their trades.

Some people are so quick to give up on premiums

Some people are really flowering stupid  ::)
+1. Come finals times it's gg.

Cox is gonna be a top 5 ruck this year IMO. The point difference per game between these top 5 isn't gonna be big enough for me to warrant a sideways side for Cox. Even though he cost more than the other rucks, my POV is that he was a safe choice considering how uncertain all the other rucks were at the start of the season (ie Sandi injury, risky mid pricers). Anyways, Cox's price tag was the premium paid so that I don't need to risk using a trade. All those people that took risks have been rewarded but I think you should keep Cox if you got him already.

charliesheen

Everyone has their own individual situation, in regards to number of corrective trades, overall team structure, individual projections, league vs overall, etc.   I don't see how you could 100% rule out the option simply because of "you don't trade premiums".

There are no hard rules to trading and having a dogmatic approach won't help you improve.  IMO, you should at least remain open to ideas, rather than discarding it immediately like some have.

BlackMamba

Hey CS, I understand what you mean by individual situation, but I think what some people are referring to is the general guideline that for the long term, trades are more valuable than what people think.

It's not like Cox is doing a N Roo or Dids like last year. He is still scoring decent. If people weren't happy at the price/points ratio then they probably should have done it last week. You choose premiums like Cox from the get go so you don't need to worry about them or trade them out unless they get injured. Anyways, in general I wouldn't trade Cox out but if you have suspensions/injuries and need to cover for 0 then by all means downgrade him and use the free cash to get whoever you need to cover them donuts.

charliesheen

All I'm hearing is "don't trade premiums" or your an idiot.  I agree, there is not much value in doing the trade this week.  IMO, the issue was never with trading out Cox.  The issue is finding the right replacement that can at least match him performance wise at a much lower cost.

Its an extremely risky trade, but I think it is worth the risk.  Especially if you nailed most of your team - have not made any corrective trades in your initial team.

Like I said, its context dependent.

ubeaut

Quote from: BratPack on April 20, 2012, 01:47:09 PM
Some people are so quick to use their trades.

Some people are so quick to give up on premiums

Some people are really flowering stupid  ::)
FYI I haven't used a single trade yet. And not trading Cox last week is gonna cost me. THAT was stupid. What's the point of having trades left over if you're not scoring enough points? Trading for the sake of it is stupid,but so is NOT trading for the sake of it.

Torress

Cox doesn't look like he'll score what his starting price suggested, so last week I traded him out to ryder. gives me plenty of cash to ditch Fyfe for  murphs

charliesheen

Quote from: Torress on April 20, 2012, 04:28:59 PM
Cox doesn't look like he'll score what his starting price suggested, so last week I traded him out to ryder. gives me plenty of cash to ditch Fyfe for  murphs

omg.  what were you thinking!

upthemaidens

i guess you didnt have ryder last year,, haha  have fun with that one :)

ubeaut

This is my point exactly. Now you can afford Murphy. If I'd traded Cox last week I would also afford this and wouldn't be uming and ahing about Fyfe cause Murphy is a must have. It's win-win. Even if Fyfe is fine you'll get him back cheaper AND have Murphy. I have to weigh up Sidebum or someone way  less worth it and far more risky than Smurph. It's not just the trades it's what you can do with the money from them as well.