is this logical?

Started by ando_10, April 07, 2012, 11:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

With all due respect and no offence intended but ...

The people saying don't trade Broughton for Dempsey yet say they are trading Golby for Dempsey need to have a re-think ...

Broughton to Dempsey is a downgrade that gives you money elsewhere - although i don't necessarily agree that Dempsey is the answer and personally i will almost certainly keep Broughton the concept of the trade is ok.

Golby to Dempsey is a knee jerk reaction to two games and a COMPLETE sideways trade ... makes no sense ... Brisbane will have the ball in their back half all year ... Golby will score ok and make money ... Dempsey is very injury prone and the type who will fade in and out of games ... neither are probably going to play 22 games and average 100 to become keepers.

Just my 2 cents ...  :)

Ringo

Well said MP I have both Broughton and Golby and am not trading either.
Regards Golby he is only playing his second season and this week was only his 10th Game of Senior Football. So a virtual rookie who looks good and will make some good cash imo. He was elevated to Senior list permanently at the Draft so I expect him to play a fair few games this year.

My trades if I trade this round will be to correct rookies - Yagmoor to Smeldts and Dickson to Kennedy.

mpollock

Ringo ... I would seriously consider Milera if you can find the money ... one of the few rookies who has two consistent scores and looks like he will play a lot of games this year under the new Saints coach ... also 24 so mature aged.

Ringo

One of a few mistakes I made this year not keeping 20/30k spare so do not have the cash to go Milera. Would if I downgrade Golby or Broughton but not at this stage. Definitely need to ditch Yagmoor though.