Greg Broughton - quality player

Started by brownmans muffins, April 09, 2012, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownmans muffins

Just doesn't look like being a good SC investment this season, or at least early on.
The guy is a little gun & appears to simply be a victim of his own talent & versatility (like Gibbs).
If your team (real team) had him (even playing this role) you'd probably be stoked.
It's pretty loser-ish to be bagging him out, giving him the spud treatment etc.
I've got him.

This week is your chance to suck it up & cut him or suck it up & ride it out.

eagles929406

wrong wrong wrong. look at the two teams he has played against? sydney and geelong, nobody scores well in SC against those two teams. ride it out

pikla

Quote from: eagles929406 on April 09, 2012, 09:58:05 AM
wrong wrong wrong. look at the two teams he has played against? sydney and geelong, nobody scores well in SC against those two teams. ride it out

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there. It's not about who he plays against, it's about his role. Fact is that a lot of us got sucked in by his nab scores because he was in the guts but come season proper Lyon has him back playing a defensive role. Regardless of who you're playing his scores are going to improve unless freo get a few injuries and he gets more mid time

ubeaut

Yes it's totally his role. Broughton can score big playing anywhere against anyone. It seems so far that Lyon is utilising his versatility and using him as a run with/tagging player.

sid3bysid3

Yeh I agree - he may punch out hundreds but will also have his quiet ones. Can't see his midfield time getting any better with Barlow to stop getting vest, mundy to return and morabito in those rotations.

brownmans muffins

I would prol ride it out if I thought he'd be going back to a more favourable role.

Re opponents: there's 3300pts to go round each game.
Unless it's a GWS/GCS-esque thrashing then opponents of Geelong/Sydney can still score plenty of points.

quinny88

His previous 2 games against sydney he scored 140 odd and 120 odd...
He needs to go, ross lyon has ruined him as far as sc goes

thewizz

Got sucked in >:(. Looking to get rid of him. Not sure if to go sideways -> Birchall, or down -> Dempsey?

enzedder

I'm going to trade him out. Problem is to who?
My options in order of preference atm are: Dempsey (only by what I've read here), Bower, Adcock, Mohr.

eagles929406

trade him out then you muppets and watch him smash out a 100+ against the helpless lions lololololol