Broughton to Hurn/Malceski or even better Lake/Clarke and take the $$$

Started by Hazza09, April 08, 2012, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

I assume I wouldn't be the only person thinking of this trade
but instead of trading Broughton for let's say Hurn or Malceski would it be
crazy to think of trading him for Brian Lake or Marty Clarke and take 300k +?
Reason is I have very little money and obviously Broughton has potential to destroy
people who have any kind of faith on him!
Would personal rather bring in a rookie and use the money elsewhere to improve my
team overall.
Thoughts on this or should Broughton be replaced with a Prem Only?

chelo77

May want to hold fire on malceski, reported on Sunday footy show he may have a serious shoulder injury. Should only replace broughts with a premo imo

enzedder

Quote from: Hazza09 on April 08, 2012, 01:08:39 PM
I assume I wouldn't be the only person thinking of this trade
but instead of trading Broughton for let's say Hurn or Malceski would it be
crazy to think of trading him for Brian Lake or Marty Clarke and take 300k +?
Reason is I have very little money and obviously Broughton has potential to destroy
people who have any kind of faith on him!
Would personal rather bring in a rookie and use the money elsewhere to improve my
team overall.
Thoughts on this or should Broughton be replaced with a Prem Only?
Broughts traded for anyone isn't a bad move.
I'm another who is probably going to jump ship this week. I have 99k in the bank so can afford anyone for him...but thinking Mohr atm...

Colliwobblers

i may hold fire on broughton but if you do trade trade down to someone mid priced or rook that is about to go up almost 100k.

this eliminates the "waste" of a trade, if broughton fires it will be a wasted trade, BUT, if you go to a mid pricer or a rook on the bubble and they rise in price 50-70k as many will next round then rise again the week after then the trade has not only gotten rid of a SPUD but it can be justified as it will have made you a couple hunderd thousand which is theoretically what a trade is worth :)

browny_wce

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 08, 2012, 01:31:52 PM
i may hold fire on broughton but if you do trade trade down to someone mid priced or rook that is about to go up almost 100k.

this eliminates the "waste" of a trade, if broughton fires it will be a wasted trade, BUT, if you go to a mid pricer or a rook on the bubble and they rise in price 50-70k as many will next round then rise again the week after then the trade has not only gotten rid of a SPUD but it can be justified as it will have made you a couple hunderd thousand which is theoretically what a trade is worth :)
not to menton the fact that Broughton will probably drop $100k in the next 2 weeks or so

but if he gets down to $320k or whatevr and smashes out 2x 100s would u consider resigning him?

Torress

trading out broughts firstly shouldn't be done if you are using a trade or two to fix rookies imo
but if you are set, might wanna look at it.

i guess i might look into a possible trade. i highly doubt i would trade him out tho personally. i'll back broughts in, rode him the entire season last year and was content. end of the day its 2 poor scores when straight up playing against geelong, and backing that up taking on a fresher away game to sydney. i don't think you can use the term spud with this guy he is a very good footballer, he is just following orders.

Swallow12

I don't think anyone is saying he is a spud, but from a fantasy position, if people think he will continue to get these roles might as well trade him out

Bigjim

Looks to me as thought Ross Lyon may be turning broughts Into freo's version of clint jones. Yes he's premium priced, yes he's playing more midfield time, but that's all irrelavant if it's as a tagging role. Sorry Greg the stop sign, it's time to go