SC Scoring Problem

Started by mpollock, April 08, 2012, 01:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

All this talk about Broughton playing a lock down role has me thinking ... maybe the SC scoring system is wrong:

- Broughton played really well against Geelong and locked down S.Johnson ... yet by SC current scoring system he was the worst value for money and got a poor sdore
- The scoring system needs to give points for defensive spoils for example (assuming Champion Data catch this info)
- Also bonus points for keeping as good player quiet ... not dissimilar to the way you get a crap load of points for kicking the winning goal
- Also the reversible trades is great ... but it doesn't help when Mummy pulls out at the last minute ... if you have zero's then EMG should auto kick in where needed ... in the real world you wouldn't play without a replacement .. so why in SC??
- DPP ... so many are just wrong ... Kruizer is an obvious candidate for F/R ... but only available in Ruck

What do people think?

crabapples

Yeh the DPP's r all over the shop. Duno bout the keeping a good player quite earing points though maybe the player being tagged is just having a bad day. I agree with the emergency thing u said.

How would they award a deffensive score to a tagger ( and this would obviousley apply to everyone on the ground)?

2 large cokes

agree with the part about the emergencies. very hard to cover a ruck when he's a late withdrawal. they either need 4 emgs (1 for each spot) or give a late withdrawal a loophole of some sort if u have a scoring emergency. use my team for example. you hear nothing all week about mummy being sore so because iv gone the cox/mummy combo there's no need for me to select an emergency. I mosewell use them in the fwds mids and backs where there is more of a chance of a late withdrawal because there's obviously more players in those spots. so now I have giles and redden sitting on the pine.

maybe something to look into for them. 4 emergencies would fix this problem. don't know why they only have 3.

mpollock

+1 ... 4 emergencies would solve that problem nicely.

Perhaps you can get bonus points based on the price/average of the player a defender is playing on.
This only needs to apply to defenders ...

We almost need to split the defence into two groups of players in SC ... true defenders (i.e Glass) and running/rebounding defender/midfielders like Gibbs for example.  This could apply to just the lock down defenders to better reflect when they play well and keep a Franklin/Cloke to 1 or 2 goals for example.

Midfielders dominate fantasy sports and the brownlow for that matter ...

This would also help us come up with starting teams that don't all look basically exactly the same!! Also saves all the people complaining about the "Broughtons".

Just an idea ... not perfect but just putting it out there ...

The vest may need to come into SC next year as well ... not sure who they will tackle this one but causing huge problems for some teams and brings luck even more into the SC game!!

PICCOLLO

I copped the mummy donut and although disappointed, its all part of the fun.  Not sure where we'd be if Broughton was consistent - think of all the postung we'd save on. Lol.
4 emg would be practical mind you.

sid3bysid3

I was on the road and hear it on SE.N. pulled over and got redden on. Thanks apple

crabapples

Jut had an idea, theres 3 emerg coz thats what they get in real life but if say sandi goes down they can bring in say ballantyne it dosnt depend on the poz. Maybe our emergencys should be ranked and they come on in that order....

crabapples

No that creates loopholes scratch that ???

Ringo

Like the thinking MP
Agree 100% on 4 emergencies as this will solve problems.
With regards to Defenders agree efforts should be recognised but how would you effectively measure it, I believe they get rewarded in Champion Data for spoils but not 100% sure.  Maybe have a subjective view for defenders on keeping players quiet as you say much the same way as forwards mids are rewarded for influence on game at certain points.