RUCK THOUGHTS

Started by addysstuff, April 07, 2012, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

addysstuff

Hey fellas,

I know i'm a little early on possible trades for next week but my rucks have me thinking....

I normally struggle with my rucks so this season i have loaded up with COX, MUMFORD, Giles and Redden. I scored just ok last week with a score of around 2100 and thinking this week may be much the same. Not worried about overall but badly want to win my league.
Was thinking of trading MUMFORD to KREUZER and pocketing almost 200K to use in a couple of weeks to upgrade a mid pricer to Pendles or Buddy.
Most other teams i think have gone the one premium, three rookie ruck so I should still be ahead. Can Kreuzer keep up his good early season form and last the season as a valuable R2 or should I just stick with Mummy and get my cash elsewhere?

Any thoughts please, anyone??

addysstuff

Absolutely has nothing to do with mummy being out today, just superbad timing with my post!!

MC

If you were going to make the trade, this would be the week to do it.

Still think Mummy will come good and average 110+ for the season though.

addysstuff

I have no doubt Mummy will score well this season, but if Kreuzer can say score around 20 or so points less per game for 200K less I think I may be better off in the long run.

jfitty

I think if Mummy is out next week then pull the trigger. I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing then upgrading Lake to a premium if he stinks it up this week again

Noz

No why trade a premium out for a injury prone mid priced ruckman who is playing a few good games.
He has played 24 out of a possibly 48 games, you choose Cox and Mummy for set and forgot combo

jfitty

I suppose you could say Mumford is also as injury/suspension prone.

I definitely agree that you shouldn't trade out premiums. But if Mumford was to not play next week (and only then) I could see this trade having some merit. Would be a risk for sure, but Kreuzer has shown he can hold down the number 1 ruck spot in a top 4 team. If he was to average 100-105 (like Leuenberger and McEvoy last year) he would be a great candidate as a second ruckman once you trade Cox/Sandi/Mumford in later on. Plus the 200k that's freed up is extremely handy!