Lesson learnt for all.

Started by Rowan1812, April 07, 2012, 11:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan1812

this round has taught a lot of people a lesson. And thats to not judge a player on one game. A lot of people would have traded out lake after last week and then he comes and kills it and scores over 100. People who have put clay smith in after last week and he spuds it up as expected. You should never doubt your players after a game or two especially premiums. There is all this talk about trading out rockliff and broughton and shaw etc. Go ahead and trade them and learn the lesson that you should stick with the players you chose and shouldn't waste trades.

ajjewell

esquire

I agree on the lesson learned re: knee-jerk reactions.

I wouldn't have said C. Smith spudded it up however. For his price and what is usually to be expected from a 1st year player he did quite well (considering last weeks cramp). I certainly wouldn't have traded him in on the back of last week or been real keen to start him though (I don't own him but would be happy if he was on my bench even after this weeks score).

Slashers

mpollock

I traded out Parker and traded in Stanton ... seems to have worked out ok  ;D

Granted i didn't trade out a premium but Parker is a similar price to Lake ... I was worried about the vest and also have a feeling this could be Stanton's year (took/taking a risk and going with my gut).

I think you have to look at each trade independently and in the context of the team and that persons strategy.
The winner last year made a couple of mistakes in trading but still won ... he also took some big (but educated) risks!

(For the record ... if I had Lake I would not have traded him in ... I also don't have C.Smith and would not have traded him in .... if C.Smith was in my team I would have benched him)

thatguy

Broughton is a spud. He will not be in my team rd 3

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: mpollock on April 08, 2012, 12:09:07 AM
I traded out Parker and traded in Stanton ... seems to have worked out ok  ;D

Granted i didn't trade out a premium but Parker is a similar price to Lake ... I was worried about the vest and also have a feeling this could be Stanton's year (took/taking a risk and going with my gut).

I think you have to look at each trade independently and in the context of the team and that persons strategy.
The winner last year made a couple of mistakes in trading but still won ... he also took some big (but educated) risks!

(For the record ... if I had Lake I would not have traded him in ... I also don't have C.Smith and would not have traded him in .... if C.Smith was in my team I would have benched him)

brent stanton carves the first 2-3 weeks every season....hes a glorified jude bolton.....

broughton will more than likely make way for lake this week

mpollock

If Stanton averages his usual 90-100 then he simply becomes my 6th midfielder ... otherwise .. bonus!!
Broughton really suxs ... so don't want to trade out a guy who has averaged 90s 2 or 3 years in a row ... but with a new coach it is hard to know if this is his role for EVERY game this year ...

Mohr is a good downgrade ... use the cash elsewhere I reckon!!  Defenders all suck!!

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: mpollock on April 08, 2012, 12:57:53 AM
If Stanton averages his usual 90-100 then he simply becomes my 6th midfielder ... otherwise .. bonus!!
Broughton really suxs ... so don't want to trade out a guy who has averaged 90s 2 or 3 years in a row ... but with a new coach it is hard to know if this is his role for EVERY game this year ...

Mohr is a good downgrade ... use the cash elsewhere I reckon!!  Defenders all suck!!

considering you can get a 6th mid that averages 115. agressive early trading is the only thing that can salvage my season now. came so close to running down impromptu last year its not funny....especially since i started so poorly and fked up tradin a fair bit

mpollock

Stanton averaging 156 at present from two games so fingers crossed he keeps this run of form up ...  :)

I started the wrong rookies and got hurt with some injuries and suspensions early .. hence why i am trading hard to keep the gap from the leaders within reach ... (2 trades rd 1)

But Mumford pulling out at the last minute is just plain bad luck ... can't do anything about that zero!!  :)