Now we know Parker + Mcdonald will miss ... change of strategy??

Started by mpollock, March 26, 2012, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port2012

duno why he so popular. I got 13 premiums rest rookies . Only hargraves mid priced

mpollock

@cortez - that is what i am going to do as per my earlier post ... I have swapped Mitchell for Martin (DPP) as I didn't have a DPP player in my mids.  With the extra cash i swapped Magner for Caddy who has much better JS and scoring potential ... this eases the problem of having two injured/suspended players on my bench,

ClarksonsArmy

So if i had:

Mids - Ablett, Murphy, Swan, Parker, McDOnald, Shiel, Smith Magner

Fwds:  Franklin, Fyfe, Chappy, Martin, Dangerfield, Porps, Michelle (Pfeffier), Smith & Smedts...

Would I then trade out say a rookie.... Smith to an MPP fwd i.e. Pav or one of my current fwds/mid and then pick up another fwd rookie....

Then in round 4/5 upgrade with new DPP rule

mpollock

As you have Smith (asssuming devon as a DPP) in the mids you don't really need to do anything.

I had no DPP link between the mids and fwds ... hence why i have done a swap before lockout.

Colliwobblers

brownmans muffins

Locinator

mpollock

Parker to McCarthy is a good option for many ... looks like Parker will now play but should get the vest.

Real dilemma for many teams if they have Parker, McDonald, Shiel, Magner and C.Smith or a combination of these guys.  Serious chance some of these guys will not play or get vested.

Also if you have Ellis/Morris on the ground ... and Lake/Howard you have other problems in your defence.
Luckily I don't have ALL these problems  :)

If you are going for overall you MUST trade if these are all problems for you or take a serious gamble on the vest/fitness and risk your season being over in terms of overall!!  If you want a league win ... then don't trade ... simple.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 05, 2012, 02:28:03 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132369/default.aspx

why you don't trade before teams go up

parker set to play

Funniest article I have read in a while!!

Just heard the tape..........

"Hows your jaw son?"
"good thanks dad"

SMACK!!!

"little sore now dad"

"harden up you little bugger. Next time you get hit make sure you stay on the ground and not get vested. You are in my dreamteam!"

SydneyRox

Parker Named, but has to be a massive chance to gets vested - along with Rohan......

reesbr

SydneyRox

i am gonna stick with him red vest and all.... you will all have to burn trades to bring him in later....