Trade Value in Points rather than $$$

Started by colmullet, April 05, 2012, 06:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

Hey guys,

Seen a lot of topics around covering the dollar value in trades and the consensus seems to be around the $200,000 dollar mark which makes sense for downgrading/upgrading trades, but not useful when talking about sideways trading.

I was wondering if there was a points value you would consider to be valuable enough in order to justify a trade. Take Lake as an example....30pts from his first game and with the way he looks to be struggling may even struggle to keep his B/E even point this year. Dempsey however with a score of around 100, who seems to be a key link in the bombers movement out of defense, and cheaper than lake slightly looks set to comfortably outscore lake assuming both stay fit.

I guess im asking how much would the difference in your own perception of their projected average would there need to be in order for you to consider a sideways trade from one to another.

Sorry if that reads a little confusing....just a thought ive been fooling around with today

JamSainter

It all depends on a lot of things.
How many trades do you have left?
Who are you trading in/out?
Why are you trading them?
Is it sideways, downgrade, upgrade?
So you can't really put a $$ figure on a trade.

colmullet

did u read beyond the title? :P

MC

I almost never consider sideways trades (barring LTIs and suspensions etc) but in rare cases I can certainly relate. In this scenario I'd definitely be waiting until the end of this round to make my decision at least, and if you can justify a trade this early in the season, then perhaps consider it.

I'd suggest you'd need to be very confident of Dempsey becoming a keeper in your side (+10 pts more than Lake) to make this trade. If he'll only be used as a cash cow then don't bother. Plenty of money to be made elsewhere. 

colmullet

cheers mate thankx, i was thinking in my head anyways that dempsey can average at least 15-20 more than lake over the course of the year and if that is sufficient enough to consider being a trade....a most likely would become my 7th back in the end of the year if all goes well

MC

No worries mate, all the best!

nathan11

Quote from: colmullet on April 05, 2012, 09:10:21 PM
cheers mate thankx, i was thinking in my head anyways that dempsey can average at least 15-20 more than lake over the course of the year and if that is sufficient enough to consider being a trade....a most likely would become my 7th back in the end of the year if all goes well

If you are bringing in someone who you think will stay in your team then good trade. I think he will ave 80 - 85 good enough to plug a hole in your backline