Number of DT players drop off

Started by fidou, April 03, 2012, 07:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

I am sure that there were over 300K of players in DT last year and now we only have 246K so that is a fair drop off of players so I hope its not a look at future years. Looking at supercoach they have increased there numbers and I am sure it would have to do with the prizemoney. They offer $1,000 for the weekly winner whereas DT offer only $500. The overall in supercoach is 50K vs the fj cruiser (whats the price of a cruiser).
Looking at the marketing aspect supercoach is all over the herald sun so apart from the afl website where is the Dream Team comp advertised.

I just hope DT does not fizzle out. But on those numbers a drop off of nearly 20% of players in one year should worry the organisers. May spark a rethink of their prizemoney for next year.

ossie85

SC dropped off from 400,000 at the end of last year also. A bit worrying? I find the site (both of them) are getting more and more cluttered and difficult to use.

Numbers will increase, but a decrease for sure. It is either the 5th or 6th year in a row that SC has been more popular than DT.

Justin Bieber

Flemo

I dont think its anything to do with the main prize because most people (me included) haven't got a hope of winning the big prize. Even the weekly prizes is out of reach of most people I believe.

I average 2100/2200 and I usually go close (or do) to winning the leagues I play in every year. I get absolutely nowhere near to any prizes though but I enjoy following the progress of the team and playing league matches anyway.

Lobbus

Let's just enjoy Dream Team and not get too worried about numbers - it's our escape from world where external factors have too much of an influence... will there be a rate cut today (Europe debt US economy China growth..).. Magner's ankle (how serious.. will he be named..

Fireballz

By the middle of the season there'll be more teams, with people making one so they have something to talk about and dream teamers who have wasted all their trades making 2nd or 3rd teams (I did that in my first season). I actually made a 2nd team one year just so I could get my trade fix!
Just the one team this year so maybe I'm partly responsible ;)

Tex-Factor

blame the byes and the way the rules have been set up to cope with them. when i first started playing it was easy to learn and impossible to master, which is perfect. i would hate to be a new player clicking on for the first time and having to sort out bye rounds, reverse trades, double position player swapping, partial lockouts, partial lockout loophholes and the rest of the over the top masturbation that has gone on over the last few years. im not surprised to see numbers drop.

Praetorian

Heh, maybe we're all just getting better at it and so don't have to make five alternate teams? :P

Justin Bieber

Ive had several teams before, but this ear I have only the one ;D

Football Factory

Im pretty sure people make teams during the year for a shot at the weekly prizes .. by the end of the year there will be just as many teams as last year

Justin Bieber

At the moment there is over 247.5k so that means 1.5k people have made a team since you posted this. There will be 300k teams by the end of the season...

nathan11

Think you have to wait until start of league games to get proper comparison much less stressful to make team for week 3 compared to week 1 imagine not having to worry about maybe trading out lake etc after 2 rounds but just waiting til after round 2 to pick rookies and mid pricers

Grannyboy

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 04, 2012, 08:47:15 PM
Im pretty sure people make teams during the year for a shot at the weekly prizes .. by the end of the year there will be just as many teams as last year
Eeeeach. There were about 250k at the start of last year and 304,504 by the end, I reckon it'll be almost identical this year. Surely these comps have just about peaked now, if you haven't heard of it/been invited to play by now you probably never will.