Brian lake ?!

Started by WizzFizz, April 01, 2012, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuL

There's a bullet dodged but yea, give him at least till next week. You'll trade him and he'll pull out 100 no doubt..

sid3bysid3

Never plays well against west coast and was playing a defensive, spoiling role. Is not likely to be defending a fwd line with cox/nait, darling, Kennedy so expect him to take more grabs and rebound as he did in NAB.

ando_10

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on April 02, 2012, 08:46:47 AM
Never plays well against west coast and was playing a defensive, spoiling role. Is not likely to be defending a fwd line with cox/nait, darling, Kennedy so expect him to take more grabs and rebound as he did in NAB.

but if thats the case will he be playing a close shut down roll on walker or tippett next week??

ubeaut

Quote from: ando_10 on April 02, 2012, 08:48:57 AM

but if thats the case will he be playing a close shut down roll on walker or tippett next week??
Yeah with Morris and Williams out he will continue to play lock-down roles and not score much. He'll probably pick up again about r6 but can we wait that long? To trade or not to trade. Giving him one week at least,but it's not looking good. Thought he'd still get 70+ even in a lock-down role. Not to be.

quinny88

who did he actually play a lock down roll on? i didnt see the game.. i hope it wasnt kennedy or he might not be playing round 2 at all lol

Mat0369

Lake has always scored most of his points due to his ability to out position the forward and take contested marks from opposition kicks. The way West Coast were moving the ball and since they were going after Markovic who had no chance of stopping Kennedy then the ball was not coming in Lakes direction. He was also not getting any cheap kicks out of defense on the switch as the Bulldogs were looking to bomb down the line from what I watched. Lake should have been moved to Kennedy earlier in the match.

woofy

Moving lake on to Kennedy would of just made west coast kick to cox. It was a lose lose situation with west coasts towers. Lake was definately going for spoils over trying to take opposition marks all day me thinks

Mat0369

As good as Cox is, Kennedy is the more dangerous forward. After Markovic has 4 kicked on him in the first quarter and Kennedy has kicked 10 against you the last time you played them, I think it is time for Lake to be moved onto him. I listened to the game up until just before half time and watched the rest of it from there. West Coast were hitting up leads and moving the ball quick. They were not really kicking to one on one contests, when they did it was a 2 on 2 and Lake was forced to go the spoil. This is going to result in a bad SC day for him.

Mat0369

In terms of SC. Give him another week. Keep an eye on Hargraves game this week. If Lake plays well, keep him. If he does nothing and Hargrave plays well, trade him out. If Lake scores around 80 I will take that as a win.

mpollock

Expensive bench warmer ... if you picked him play him ... if you are going to put him on your bench ... use a trade.

PICCOLLO

Give him one more week.  WCE moved the ball in very quickly and for the most part targeted the player Lake wasn't on so he didn't get near it.  Except for trying to take a hanger brain fade mark, he was serviceable for the team.  Supercoach wise, I'm thinking he needs 65+ to keep his spot in my team.  Not much else around for his price range that is worthy of a trade mind you.  Mohr downgrade and upgrade elsewhere mite be the go.

nathan11

Quote from: mpollock on April 02, 2012, 05:54:03 PM
Expensive bench warmer ... if you picked him play him ... if you are going to put him on your bench ... use a trade.

i have no problem with him being an expensive bench warmer would rather him be that and score 80 than trade him out and the same cant judge him on first game of season

jabroni

Quote from: ando_10 on April 02, 2012, 08:48:57 AM

hes going to be showere this rd too - crows have thier tall fwd structure too (Diet Eagles?) so expect Lake to be on shutdown