Jroo vs Dusty

Started by phiz3, March 28, 2012, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phiz3

I get that all the hype has been on Dusty over the NAB cup and probably agree with it, but Jroo has also smashed it and I get a little worried that teams, especially the good ones that richmond play at the start, will blanket Dusty and he has had trouble with the tag in the past.

Jroo has always had the best few defenders on him and has scored, and this year he will have more help in the forward line with Vickery being able to spend more time down there, which might draw a defender. He also was floating up as a CHF in the NAB and getting a few more contested marks and easy possesions.

Jroo NAB SC scores - 64, 129, 158 - 1.32 ppm
Dusty NAB SC scroes - 63, 148, 84 - 1.36 ppm

I can swap Dusty for Jroo and pocket the 100k and upgrade elsewhere.

Am I the only one considering this?

fever

phiz3

Thought I might be, but was just checking.

I get that Dusty has the potential to smash out a huge score, but also i think he has the potential to get 50 more often than Jroo.

Also i get 100k to turn another mid-pricer into a prem...

Supercoach will do my head in!

meow meow

I've got JRoo. He played half of last year with a dodgy hip. He could win the Coleman medal again this year. Takes contested marks at will. He'll get up the ground when he's not kicking bags.

jasonweare

I considered the same thing. It was Pendles and jroo or Boyd and Martin for me. I'm thinking Boyd and Martin will score higher for the year. But at the same time I'd love Pendles in my team, could drop porps maybe.

Torress

\
na mate keep propz he i the best buy of the lot!

i can see why you would consider this, Jroo is undervalued due to that concussion early last year and the niggling hip which did limit his impact.

but still na, you just can't justify getting a forward over a bloke who for all we know could go 110 this year, not to mention the consistency of scoring from a midifelder.

dusty is 'the gift'this year mate! we really should get gazza in the forward line if we get dusty!!

jasonweare

Quote from: Torress on March 28, 2012, 11:51:47 AM
\
na mate keep propz he i the best buy of the lot!

i can see why you would consider this, Jroo is undervalued due to that concussion early last year and the niggling hip which did limit his impact.

but still na, you just can't justify getting a forward over a bloke who for all we know could go 110 this year, not to mention the consistency of scoring from a midifelder.

dusty is 'the gift'this year mate! we really should get gazza in the forward line if we get dusty!!

So Boyd Martin and porps you reckon? Pendles will be first mid brought in.

Disco

Jroo will get you big scores but Dusty will be more consistent due to being a on the ball more often. Dustys score will be higher if they get trounced

thatguy

Quote from: phiz3 on March 28, 2012, 11:33:13 AM
Thought I might be, but was just checking.

I get that Dusty has the potential to smash out a huge score, but also i think he has the potential to get 50 more often than Jroo.

Also i get 100k to turn another mid-pricer into a prem...

Supercoach will do my head in!

how do u figure this? Dusty will always be around the play. Jroo wont get near it in a crowded defence if he isnt kicking goals

meow meow

Year: 2010     Games: 22     Age: 21     Average: 92.3

Anyone capable of that is a GUN. He was injured for a large part of last year so his scoring suffered. At 23 years old he will be starting to hit his straps as a key forward. Richmond are on the improve, and not all the points will go to the mids. The man finishing off all their good work will reap some of the rewards.