When is Zorko back?

Started by ubeaut, March 27, 2012, 12:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

With the lack of decent rookies with good JS, iI really want to put Zorko back in. Should go straight into the forwards and stay there. Anyone got any info?

coolfugitiv0

I haven't been able to find anything concrete, but he should be back within the next 3-4 weeks, 5 tops.

port2012

good downgrade target. Will be about 8 weeks until he plays his 3rd game then

jasonweare

Quote from: port2012 on March 27, 2012, 12:45:49 PM
good downgrade target. Will be about 8 weeks until he plays his 3rd game then

Let's hope for that. Perfect timing

demon_spud

Concern is his injury history, seems to do hips a lot.

wharf_army

Zorko is out for an indefinite period with a hip injury. Hopefully we see him in the second half of the year. (@FantasyFreako)
Tweeted by Freako today            

matto76

correction, vossy said as hes a DT ambassador on the radio zorko would be someone you will think about bringing in for the second half of the season

LinSane

he mentioned on twitter that he would be playing soon (doubt that is AFL level though)

coolfugitiv0

The only reports I could find said that he would only be out for 4 weeks.
That was from earlier this month though. He must have re-aggravated the injury.

glenferriecrusader

This article 3 days old, link here

http://m.afl.com.au/news.htm?action=handleNewsArticleById&id=131375&listRetrievedBy=TEAM&listId=36

This excerpt from article below is relevant to topic;

The only players unavailable are captain Jonathan Brown (cheekbone) and returning trio Josh Drummond, Sam Docherty and Dayne Zorko, who are all healthy but short of match fitness.

So I guess will depend on how long it will take to get match fitness  :-\

Ringo

From thge Lions NAB Cup Review:

Meanwhile, Dayne Zorko (hip), Andrew Raines (knee) and Brent Staker (knee) are the only players not to have played in at least one pre-season practice match (including seniors and reserves) in 2012. Staker will obviously miss the entire season following a full knee reconstruction, while Zorko and Raines are expected back early in the season.

Zorko is back running with the boys so it is a matter of time when he regains fitness and is selected.

So a definite downgrade target when named and on the bubble

ubeaut

That means he could be back in r3-4. Too early for a downgrade unless someone gets a big injury. Surely it's better to have hom now? Or too much of a risk? If his JS is as good as it appears I reckon it's worth getting him now.

alexross

Quote from: ubeaut on March 28, 2012, 09:11:59 AM
That means he could be back in r3-4. Too early for a downgrade unless someone gets a big injury. Surely it's better to have hom now? Or too much of a risk? If his JS is as good as it appears I reckon it's worth getting him now.

If he is back in say round 4 his third game will be round 6. By then you could possibly have either an underperforming rookie who has made about as much money as they will all year or an injury and Zorko could be perfect to cover that position.
But he may spend some time in the 2s to get some form before he makes his senior debut as well