Can u have too many giants rookies?

Started by simosclass, March 21, 2012, 09:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simosclass

At present I have 8 giants rookies. I am thinking I have too many giants and need to look at other teams rookies. Thoughts? Thinking of getting rid of Treloar or Cameron from giants for PfeIffer from port? Thoughts?

elephants

I have 6. I think you can have too many, yes.

Dave085

I just put Pfeiffer into my team as he was elevated to the senior list...
I have 5 GWS in my team, and judging from the chat in the forums i reckon those 5 would be in 95% of other peoples teams too.

simosclass

What are people's thoughts on Cameron vs Treloar ? Undecided

Mr.Craig

Quote from: simosclass on March 21, 2012, 09:05:34 PM
At present I have 8 giants rookies. I am thinking I have too many giants and need to look at other teams rookies. Thoughts? Thinking of getting rid of Treloar or Cameron from giants for PfeIffer from port? Thoughts?

I've got 8 too, I wouldn't sweat it. If you think they are the best available options then that's all you can do.

felsty

i have 8 as well
its really hard but i have tried to incorporate the vest into my decisons..
i did have kerridge, had him all preseason, but now i have traded him for cameron for a bench spot because i know that cameron will get a full game every week, as opposed to kerridge who will more than likely get the vest..
having to pick the gws rookies is hard.. imagine if you didnt pick enough the first week and then the rookies from other teams you thought might play (c.smith, ledger, etc..) dont get named!! it would kill you

TheMailman

There does need to be a balance. Of the best 5 rookies last year only 1-2 of them were from GC, when many expected it to be all of them

You start to cross the line once you have over 6 (+ Giles because he's a auto lock). That's in my opinion based on last year. If you look around there are many promising non-GWS rookies in every position

11kgm

i would say 5. Morris, Ellis, Spurr offer greater options in defence in my mind only bugg i am considering. In the midfield i have MCdonald and Miles with ledger and clay smith as the other two players. Forward line Dickson, Hall, Kennedy, Devon Smith

Rommas

I got Bugg, Darley, Coniglio, McDonald and Devon Smith, and Shiel if he is selected, but will be only playing Bugg/Darley, Coniglio and Smith

Ricochet

i have 8 too.. it was all about JS for me. but if C.Smith, Couch, Guthrie, Hogan etc are named round 1 it'll proxy all change

Chippa

8 is just way to many... i am concerned with 4...

Obviously these kids are going to be getting a game but the rotation policy for players vs how quickly each of them get given a vest and how their bodies will hold up sounds like a mammoth risk. Ask how many people got SUNburnt last year with to many rookies.

Think there needs to be more sharing of the love between the teams and protect yourself when possible. 18-19 year old coming up against the best midfields in the competition week in week out trying to win contested footy for one of the toughest coaches going around, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

devize

I got 8...

I just can't see any good JS with the rookies from other teams. I've got ledger, morris, ellis, redden, stephenson, hall and magner as my non GWS rookies. Who else is there that will get a good run? (specifically defence/forward)

mezzoculo

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2012, 11:28:51 AM
i have 8 too.. it was all about JS for me. but if C.Smith, Couch, Guthrie, Hogan etc are named round 1 it'll proxy all change
You might want to make a decision sooner that that!
The team these guys play for won't be named before lockout o the GWS / Swans match.

T Dog

Isn't the issue JS or being rotated/rested and its impact on cash cow potential?

henry

I have seven: shiel, bugg, darley, smith, treloar, giles and cameron. I think this shoild be fine, as all of these guys will be getting good opportunitirs and lots of game time, which may be an issue with other rookies from better clubs. The bye shouldn't be too much of a drama either, as I will probably have upgraded/downgraded some of them by then.