Final Team - finished tinkering..... Thoughts?

Started by CyclopZ, March 23, 2012, 11:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclopZ

Hey Guys, Here is my final team - have been tinkering around with it for weeks and i think im locked and loaded. Would love to hear some feedback and suggestions. Want to ensure that i take out my league's again this year!

BACKS

B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.Shaw,
G.Broughton, B.Lake, T.Bugg, S.Morris     EMG. B.Smedts, S.Darley

MIDS

G.Ablett, M.Murphy, A.Swallow,
J.Selwood, S.Coniglio, J.Magner        EMG. D.Shiel, S.Kerridge

RUCKS

S.Mumford, J.Giles               EMG. J. Redden, O.Stephenson

FORWARDS

L.Franklin, A.Goodes, N.Fyfe
D.Martin, J.Porplyzia, D.Smith, A.Saad       EMG A.Hall, T.Dickson

CatAttack9

I personally think Lake is a bit too much of a risk given last year's form, however if he gets back to his 2010 form he'll be a great pick. Otherwise, it's a very strong side and well balanced, 9/10 :)

CyclopZ

Quote from: CatAttack9 on March 23, 2012, 11:58:50 PM
I personally think Lake is a bit too much of a risk given last year's form, however if he gets back to his 2010 form he'll be a great pick. Otherwise, it's a very strong side and well balanced, 9/10 :)

Thanks mate - I agree, the Lake pick is a risky one. I think i decided to take one of Hargraves or Lake purely because i didnt want to go in with 3 rooks playing in the backline. Really hoping Lake has his confidence back and can start [;aying footy that i know he is capable of. High risk, high reward....

Hydra

The one problem I have is Goodes. Goodes last year, like every year, had a poor start to the season and only showed his true form in the second half after the bye. Would rather see him as an upgrade target than in a starting side.

CyclopZ

Quote from: Hydra on March 24, 2012, 12:21:58 AM
The one problem I have is Goodes. Goodes last year, like every year, had a poor start to the season and only showed his true form in the second half after the bye. Would rather see him as an upgrade target than in a starting side.

Fair call, i understand why people are shying away from him - i think the way i justify this pick is Goodes, regardless if he starts a bit slow is a very durable player.... never gets injured. Plus - pre season form, hes looking really good and Sydney has a decent draw i think which should help to his cause.

Thanks for the input

fever

Quote from: Hydra on March 24, 2012, 12:21:58 AM

have you seen sydneys draw?

b: really strong, i'm punting on lake too.
m: dynamite! really like swallow as unique
r: will obv need upgrading sooner rather than later, but fine.
f: cannot fault.

really nice man

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52561.0.html

CyclopZ

Thanks for the feedback - i have rated your team aswell.