Give me a rate. Be a harsh critic!

Started by Sundown24, March 20, 2012, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundown24

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, R. Hargrave, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (B. Smedts, S. Darley)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, J. Caddy, S. Coniglio, A. Kennedy (T. Ledger, J. Magner)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith (D. Pfeiffer, T. Dickson)

CASH LEFT: $35,800

I think I've settled on the structure. I'm going with the 1-3 rucks. Think I'll make some money quickly to upgrade one of them. Counteracting that by having the best ruckman of them all!

Rookies reasonably solid with, but will wait for Rd.1 teams. Could go Coniglio down to Shiel, and use that money on a rookie, or just for safe keeping.

Rowy

Hey Sundown,
Really like you team,12 premiums is good but i will try to be harsh.
Def: Really strong line.
Mids: Only thing i personally would change is caddy and Coniglio to Cheaper Rookies.
Ruck: Love it, don't change
Fwd: Porps for rookie imoo
With the extra money from these moves get 2nd premium ruck

Good luck in you league

Sundown24

If I go with 2 ruckman (my major dilemma at the moment) my team would look like this:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (S. Darley, S. Morris)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Caddy, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard, D. Smith (D. Shiel, J. Magner)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy (B. Smedts, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $50,700

OR THIS:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, R. Hargrave, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (S. Darley, S. Morris)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, J. Caddy, S. Coniglio, C. Wingard (D. Shiel, J. Magner)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith, A. Kennedy (B. Smedts, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $70,700

Thoughts?

Ringo

Prefer your 2nd team with Caddy at M4 rather than M3. Mids much stronger with the addition of Selwood.
Only issue I have with both teams why Ellis and Morris in rookie defence select one of the other with preference for Ellis.

Sundown24

Thanks Ringo,

Still not 100% sure on those pesky defensive rookies. Now with Darley not named, I'm having to reshuffle Smedts. Plus I don't have full faith in Morris I must admit.

Gone with these changes:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, R. Hargrave, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (B. Smedts, J. Townsend)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, J. Caddy, S. Coniglio, D. Shiel (C. Wingard, J. Magner)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith, A. Kennedy (S. Kerridge, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $77,300

Sundown24

Any more thoughts people? Still a little all over the joint

dano_monaz

yeah looking good! solid team. a few rookies that are unique-ish which is good and might be the different in scores in a lot of teams in the first few rounds.

the only criticism is that i myself prefer having only the 2 MID rookies on the ground rather than three, just means early on you will need for a rookie to hit their straps hard! otherwise good form!

russs13

looking pretty sharp.

still not sold on kruezer though.

Waterboy

I reckon stick to the the one ruck set up.  I have a feeling the blues Kruezer especially will start a bit slowly.  Also keep caddy you would want him to average 80-90 to get a decent return.  If you switch those two too rookie's you will be able to add an extra premium elsewhere. Otherwise a very solid team. Good luck

SilentBob

Do you need to leave $70k+ in the bank?? It doesn't do anything for the first 3 weeks at least, so why not go for slightly better players who can get you more points?

fever

i like your original team man. looks strong and the ruck gamble could easily pay off.

Sundown24

Back to the 1-3 structure, and not a fan of JS of many back rookies, so just stacking it. Loving the mid rookies too much:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, J. Adcock, M. Clarke (B. Ellis, T. Bugg)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Caddy, S. Coniglio, D. Shiel, J. McDonald (T. Ledger, J. Magner)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, D. Smith, A. Kennedy (S. Kerridge, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $24,000

Thoughts?