Rate for a rate!

Started by dichands, March 22, 2012, 09:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dichands

Backs
Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg, (Darley, Morris)

Mids
Ablett, Boyd, Priddis, Selwood, Coniglio, Ledger, (McDonald, Mager)

Rucks
McEvoy, Giles, (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Chapman, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Saad, (Cameron, Hall)

boneman

Backs: Look great, like that you've gone Hargrave. I'm tossing up the same instead of Lake.

Mids: Quality 4 you have, Priddis should be a nice unique. I like the look of Ledger too but worry about his JS. Not sold on McDonald. I think everyone hopes he is the Daniel Harris of GWS, I'm not so sure of his output?

Rucks: I think McEvoy had an interrupted preseason, might want to check that. Otherwise he's a great unique as most will have Cox or Mumford to start.

Forwards: Pretty good selection. Porplyzia could make or break a lot of hearts this year aka Higgins! Chapman has had his best pre season in 3 or 4 years, hopefully he doesn't get rested at some stage throughout the year. Saad I worry might get the green vest and play a pinch hitting role to start with until he finds his feet. The rest are fine.

Overall a solid squad that you could tinker with before R1 - I'm not a big one for scores but I would give you a solid 8.25

Rate mine if you can I have 2 options that are very similar - http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52008.0.html

dichands

I think you could be right about Old mac, i was thinking i might put caddy in for him. Also i think you were pretty spot on with the forward line. i was really struggling to find solid rookies so that's why i went with porpz as a mid pricer. other rookies i was looking at were pfiffier and kerrige, what do you think about those guys?

Wild Thing

I think Coniglio is far too expensive for what he will produce this year.  I think you will get the same or better output from guys up to $75k cheaper.  I am not a fan of the one prem ruckman theory as there is more money to be made with your mid rookies than anywhere else, so why you wouldn't have more mid rookies than on any other line doesn't make sense to me.  I'd be downgrading one of your premium mids to any of the plethora of mid rookie options who will play games and upgrade Stephenson to a premium ruckman.  Only my opinion of course.

Dilen9

Quote from: dichands on March 22, 2012, 09:07:40 AM
Backs
Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg, (Darley, Morris)

Mids
Ablett, Boyd, Priddis, Selwood, Coniglio, Ledger, (McDonald, Mager)

Rucks
McEvoy, Giles, (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Chapman, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Saad, (Cameron, Hall)

G'day mate, pleas rate my team after u rate yours.
DEF: It is quite good, but personally I would try and upgrade HARGRAVE to Malceski. Other than that it is good.
MID: It is great, but I think coniglio is way too expensive for a rookie, you can get a different rookie who will only get a bit under the score of what coniglio can do, for a way cheaper price,
RCK: good, but maybe upgrade McEvoy.
FWD: great, like your choice of rookies.
OVERALL: a solid team 8/10

PLEASE RATE MY TEAM:  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,51271.0.html

ando_10

Backs: i like it. but round 13 will hurt you. looking strong though :)

mids: excellent really like it. im just worried for ledger i sense a green vest in there somewhere for him

rucks: your backing mcevoy in a fair bit hopefully it pays off :) i think it will

forwards: one of the first sides ive seen with chappy still a freak good forward line just not sure on saad will play but not sure how his scoring will go.

8.5/10

heres mine: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52175.0.html

Locinator

Backs: Goddard, Scotland and Deledio all share the round 13 bye so get one out of there
Mids: Solid
Rucks: Fine. There are better options than Mcevoy though.
Forwards: Solid
Overall: 8.5

Could you rate mine at http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48487.0.html

Show Stopper

Backs- solid line. ellis and morris will be fighting for the same spot. just something to think about
Mids- like priddis not so much of macdonald
Rucks- mcevoy bold choice,if ya got a feeling bout him roll with it and back him in.
forwards- like it very similar to mine

Show Stopper

Oratorio

backs: solid, although watch out with the 3 rich players.. but assume you will upgrade ellis and morris before the bye
Mids: Very solid. Like the premiums. just a suggestion, but i like the 3-3 technique, and mayb spend the money on another ruck or something? but up to you
Rucks: solid, although im not a fan of the 1:3 system, and not sure the amount of game time that the big O will get,
Forwards: Very solid, like them a lot
overall id give it a 8/10 :)

bmac25

D: looks good, would consider swapping hargrave for Malceski or even Lake.

M: Solid, but be wary of McDonald and Ledger. McDonald hasn't looked that great and may not play a lot of games and Ledger is a prime candidate for the vest.

R: 1/3 strategy works if your 1 premium is an out and out gun.  McEvoy is not (and I'm a saints fan).  He will be good and consistent, but would maybe be a better upgrade 2nd ruck later in the year.

F: Always have my doubts about Chappy but could be a great unique (if his hammy's hold up.  Also, Saad is probably ahead of Ledger in the vest stakes.  Hall could be a candidate as well.

Unsure how much cash you have left.  Overall 7.5/10.  With a little tinkering you could have a great team.  Nice work.