BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Suckling, Broughton, M.Clarke, Morris
(Ellis, Bugg)

MIDS: Mitchell, Scotland, Sloane, Jack, Pfeiffer, Magner
(J.McDonald, Ledger)

RUCKS: Cox, Kreuzer
(Giles, Stephenson)

FORWARDS: Pavlich, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Dangerfield, M.Clark, Porplyzia, A.Saad
(T.Dickson, A.Hall)

$18,700 remaining at this point. Your thoughts would be appreciated with evidence/other options

kazam

I originally had Gibbs in the midfield, Scotland in defence and then Sam Reid (SYD) in the forward line. Looking at the balance of the team I thought that it was better to have Clark in forward line and Broughton down back, rather than the Reid/Scotland pairing. I then went with Scotland in the midfield over Gibbs, it opens up an MPP but the question is will Scotland average more than Gibbs again?

Babylove

Backs: Look good.  Suckling is an interesting POD.  I haven't followed him much this preseason, but if your confident in his form then go for it.  Only comment is I'm not sure about having Deledio, Ellis & Morris in the same side.  I'd maybe drop one of Ellis or Morris for another rookie as three from the one side is a bit much.

Mids:  Again an interesting line up with plenty of POD.  Not sure about Scotland as a midfielder, I think there are plenty of better options but obviously you've gone for the DPP link with the backline, that's not a bad strategy.  I'm not sold on either Pfieffer or McDonald as rookies, I just think there are better options around.

Rucks: I like you starting rucks.  Not a fan of Stephenson, he just doesn't look like he's going to be a good scorer for SC.

Forwards:  Interesting that you haven't gone with Buddy, that could be a bit of a gamble.  M. Clarke is a good POD if he can find the form he had a couple of seasons ago.

Overall not a bad side.

kazam

Thanks Babylove. Really in depth response, which is nice to see... Yeah I am happy to give Suckling a go so he'll stay, but I may still fiddle around with it yet. Yeah I meant to mention that I won't have Deledio, Ellis and Morris all in the backline. I'd happily have three from one team spread around but not three in the same area. I only put in Ellis recently and will weigh up people thoughts on who's better of Ellis and Morris.

As for the rookies, I only have Pfeiffer for the MPP link and I may still look around at others yet, however my thoughts with McDonald were that he'd play a few games early and I could downgrade him. The rookies/cheapies are really just there at the moment and can be swapped around as I please.

With the Scotland thing, I did have Gibbs there and I had Scotland down back. But when I put Broughton down back to get Mitch Clark in down forward I thought I could Sneak Scotland into the midfield and then that'd open up MPP. I still feel I'd rather Gibbs in the MIDS though, or I could do some work with trying to get my cap room up a bit and get another midfielder in the 600k. Maybe get rid of Jack for a cheap rookie and spend that money turning Gibbs into an Ablett, Swan, Priddis, etc..

kazam

Oh and also, I still have Buddy on my mind, don't you worry about that haha. He hasn't let me down much in the past. I can change Scotland to Gibbs and Pavlich to Buddy no worries... and on the Stephenson thing; Giles is a lock 3rd ruck and Stephenson seemed to have best chance of playing as a 4th ruck compared to anyone else. I don't wanna spend more than 106k. I am not too worried about Stephenson scoring, if he could at least sneak in 4 or 5 games and rise a bit in price then that'd do me fine.