Advice needed please!

Started by roti, March 19, 2012, 08:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

Really not sure on this team.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)
MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, C.Smith, Magner (Ledger, McDonald)
RUC: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Kennedy (Kerridge, Dickson)
$12,100

Not too worried about byes however not sure if this is a strong enough starting lineup.

tor01doc

I'm not sure how you're not sure.

14 premiums.

Well balanced. Only a single bye donut issue which is of no concern to you anyway.

All solid picks with a couple of mids who are fine.

Nail your rookies and you're away.

Well done. 8.5/10 and more if you get rid of Pendles for another mid premium and pick him up for less later on.

ben_020285

Mate, this is a good looking side.

BACKS: Nice. I think every team needs to take one or two risks. You've taken one here with Hargrave, hopefully it pays off. Personally I think Lake is more suited to SC but who really knows at this stage.

MIDS: All 4 guns are great selections but I think 3 gun, 3 rookie mids is the way to go. I would downgrade one of them to a rookie. Rookie mids tend to score better than any other position.

RUCKS: With the money saved on downgrading a mid you could upgrade your rucks to have 2 prems. I really think that teams with the 1/3 ruck structure will fall behind.

FWDS: Perfect. Danger looks set to explode.

8/10 at the moment. 9/10 if you upgrade your rucks.

roti

thanks for your comments guys.

there is just a couple of problems i have with changing my structure, to a 3/3 mid and 2 prems ruck

1. i want cox, and i will have him at some point, to afford him id have to downgrade either pendles or ablett which im not keen on.

2. i dont see another mid rookie at that price outscoring giles, who has looked pretty consistent and should hit a 70 average.

Thoughts on this?

quinny88

Quote from: roti on March 20, 2012, 12:13:37 AM
thanks for your comments guys.

there is just a couple of problems i have with changing my structure, to a 3/3 mid and 2 prems ruck

1. i want cox, and i will have him at some point, to afford him id have to downgrade either pendles or ablett which im not keen on.

2. i dont see another mid rookie at that price outscoring giles, who has looked pretty consistent and should hit a 70 average.

Thoughts on this?

Pendles > shiel (if he is named round one)
Big O > cox

roti

will shiels starting outscore giles? doubtful early on
will cox outscore pendles? almost definately not

I seem to be the only one who doesnt see the logic in it and it scares me hahaaha

roti

ok guys ive done what you suggested, let me know what you think.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, C.Smith, Ledger, Magner (Shiel, McDonald)
RUC: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Kerridge (Kennedy, Dickson)
$8,400

DCAK

Mate that's a very solid team, lock it in. If you want someone to tell you what team you need to win overall, maybe you should call a psychic.

roti

Ok guys ive made a slight change, wasnt quite happy with the team before.

broughton>malceski= wasnt sold on broughts and if malceksi stays on the park will be a decent d7 or straight swap to a fallen prem at some point.

this allows me to go mcdonald>caddy, leaving caddy at M4 and leaving my midfield looking a lot happier.
Leaves my team as:

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Malceski, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Caddy, C.Smith, Magner (Shiel, Ledger)
RUC: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith Kerridge (Kennedy, Dickson)
$31,200

Still leaves me with 13 premiums plus 3 midpricers.
Have i done well here or should i stick with broughts and a rookie, the reason ive done it as im not very keen on the rookies this year, caddy should have a huge year and malceski could do anything if he stayed fit

thanks guys, panic stations now!