Jumbo's Team (changed more times than my underwear this year)

Started by jumbo, March 15, 2012, 01:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbo

Keep toying and tweaking but here is the latest and my first post on fanfooty...
What do you think about the Kruezer, Hmac vs Cox/Orrenson combo in the ruck? Am a bit worried about locking in three rookies but what other ruck options is there? I have $18,800 left...

Defenders
1.Goddard, B 2. Scotland, H 3. Shaw, H 4. Enright, C 5. Lake, B 6. Ellis, B 7. Darley, S   < Smedts, B,  Brown, L>

Midfielders
8. Ablett, G 9. Murphy, M 10. Priddis, M 11. Selwood, J 12. Clifton, S 13. Smith, C  < Miles, A 26. Magner, J >

Rucks
14. Kreuzer, M  15. McIntosh, H   < Giles, J,  Redden, J  >

Forwards
16. Franklin, L 17. Goodes, A 18. Fyfe, N 19. Martin, D 20. Porplyzia, J 21. Smith, D 22. Hall, A < Kerridge, S, Couch, T >

ben_020285

Not a bad effort mate. I only have a couple of issues.

BACKS: Looks good. It seems that Enright is on the decline but could end up being a good pick if he's able to get back to averaging 100 +. Lake is the safest gamble of the bargains.

MIDS: I think you have one too many premiums here and because of this your rucks have suffered. I would downgrade one of your premiums to a rookie. Best rookies this year seem to be in the mids too so load up.

RUCKS: Don't like either of your picks. McIntosh will be number 2 ruck at the Roos and Kreuzer is too risky to consider as a keeper at this stage. With the cash saved on downgrading a premium mid you could choose 2 out of Cox, Mumford, Leuenberger and McEvoy.

FWDS: Really good. Will be interesting to see how Martin goes against the top sides during the Tigers first half of the season but he's looked awesome during the pre-season.

8.5/10

Disco

Agree with ben. side is great bar rucks. If you have any spare cash upgrade HMac.

jumbo

After much though and deliberation I've decided to go the 3 rookie, 1 gun ruck strategy and spend money else where. How does this team look now? I know shiel and magner are round 1 uncertainties but I really want to lock them in. But on the flip side I'm worried about not having any multi position swing men sets out of the midfield. Is this a real problem does anyone believe??

Also, I have 41,200 left to spend....  hold onto it or spend where??

thanks for your contributions...

Defenders
1.Goddard, B 2. Scotland, H 3. Delidio (Shaw, H) 4. Broughton (Enright, C) 5. Lake, B 6. Ellis, B 7. Darley, S   < Smedts, B,  Bugg (Brown, L)>

Midfielders
8. Ablett, G 9. Murphy, M 10. Priddis, M 11. Selwood, J 12. Clifton, S 13. Ledger, T (Smith, C)  <Shiel D (Miles) 26. Magner, J >

Rucks
14. Mumford (Kreuzer, M ) 15. Giles, H   <(H-mac) Stephonson OGiles, J,  Redden, J  >

Forwards
16. Franklin, L 17. Goodes, A 18. Fyfe, N 19. Martin, D 20. Porplyzia, J 21. Smith, D 22. D Pfieffer (Hall, A)  < Kerridge, S, Kennedy (Couch, T) >

jumbo

just to clarify..... the red player names have been traded out for the green...