What's a trade worth in $'s?

Started by thebrock, March 19, 2012, 03:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrock

I remember reading or hearing quite a few seasons back that you should value a trade at $100,000. I always thought this sounded a bit low and wondered what the rule of thumb is that most people use?

Pretty valuable as a guide especially with mid pricers. For example look at a Lake or Dempsey down back. I think they will both average around 75-80. Projected value at 75 and you are looking at making less than $100k and at 80 just over. Makes me think more and more about avoiding these types of player unless your gut says Lake can return to his best or Dempsey will have break out year.

What rough figure to people have in mind?

Cheers

Holz

I try not to think in terms of money but you want to be making at least 100k from your rookies. For me midpricers can make less as they are not only making money but are hopefully outperforming rookies helping you each week. If a mid priced can go up just enoughto be a stepping stone to a premium and is helping my team for overall and winning me league games I'm happy. My bench rookies or guys that aren't playing each week on my field I would hope for 150k or more

kilbluff1985

i prob would not downgrade a player to another rookie unless i'm going to make about 200k would prefer more cant actually price tag a trade though

Ringo

On the converse how long do you hold onto a non performing rookie. Can we remember Pederson, Bewick and co from last year.  This is the trick getting the balance in your team right trading at the right time wish I had the foresight vision to know when cash cows peaked and what rookies would be flops.  But getting back to your question  I am usually guided by when a rookie is plateauing out with their B/e being constant with average score. Some create a lot more cash than others eg Libba, Smith, Curnow from last year all making over $200k.

PICCOLLO

Grazz

Id say 100k to 150k, although this isnt always possible and ive traded for less. As Ringo said weve all been stuck with under performing Rooks and off loaded them for alot less.

bottlemart

Quote from: Ringo on March 19, 2012, 08:56:38 AM
On the converse how long do you hold onto a non performing rookie. Can we remember Pederson, Bewick and co from last year.  This is the trick getting the balance in your team right trading at the right time wish I had the foresight vision to know when cash cows peaked and what rookies would be flops.  But getting back to your question  I am usually guided by when a rookie is plateauing out with their B/e being constant with average score. Some create a lot more cash than others eg Libba, Smith, Curnow from last year all making over $200k.

Pederson was great once he got regular games, but we had to be patient early in the season and having 3 bench players allowed that.  He was valued at over $400 000 by seasons end and got scores of over 100, so he made us all over $300 000.  I actually traded him for fisher for the finals.  Fisher scored about 80 and then pederson scored 137 against the dockers in the same round.

Bewick was disapointing.  I had him and he made us less than $100 000, so he was dead wood on the bench. 

I think if you can get make anything over $200 000 from any player, that would be considered a good cash cow, and we should be able to get that from our good rookies.