Spent every cent

Started by redgum, March 17, 2012, 11:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgum

$0 in kitty. Have I spent it well?

BACKS: God, Lids, Broughton, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Ellis, (Bugg, Smedts)

MIDS: Pendles, GAJ, Selwood, Hayes, Dev Smith, Ledger, (Miles, Magner)

RUCK: Kreuzer, H-Mac, (Giles, Redden)

FWDS: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, N Riewoldt, Sidebottom, Porps, Cripps, (Weedon, Hall)

I'm still keeping my eye on a few cheap rookies (Spurr, Couch, Del'Ollio, Gibson, Hampson, Kavanagh) who could fill the bench rolls and maybe free up a few thousand $. (rucks are locked though).

Happy to rate in return if you would be so kind as to make some meaningful comment on all the hours I've put in :)

felsty

B: too thin and too much risk.. i would be going for at the most 2 of hargrave, lake and dempsey
M: you can get pendles in cheaper through the season. no bloke worth 700k will stay at that price
R: average. i had hmac for ages but a few games later i was bit unsure about his output with goldy there too. i dont touch kruzer - just personally dont like him
F: riewoldt has been declining for a while now. i would get in danger- he has more chance of being a premium forward than st.nick has
i rated hard but just a few things to think about

rate mine? http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50900.30.html

Ringo

Most teams will have 12/14 premiums in their team.  In your Team I can only count 9 who I would consider keeper prems (Kreuz and H Mac not in this class yet).  You have a huge risk with you mid price players with associated risks Hargreave, Lake, Dempsey, Kreuz, H Mac, Riewoldt , Sidebottom and Porps. If these do not fire you would have to use trades.
Personally I would start again working out a structure with 12 prems and then fill team with rookies or low priced prems you can afford. Would rate this team 6.5/10 so to answer your question not wisely spent.
Pendles to Swan would free up $40k and no real change in points.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Far too many risks Look at only one of Dempsey,lake or Hargrave. Dempsey looked the better of the three today.
Mids: Look Ok although Hayes could be a High risk player.
Rucks: Need a premium rucjk or else you will fall behind quickly.
Fwds: Once again not enough premium players here.

Overall. Your team has plenty of Problems i agree with Ringo you should look at starting again.I give you a 6/10

redgum

OK,

have taken on board the advice:

BAC: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Boughton, Lake, Dempsey, Ellis (Bugg, Darley) - 4 Prem?

MID: Ablett, Bartel, Selwood, Hayes, D Smith, Miles, (Ledger, Magner) - 3 Prem? I reckon Hayes will be a possible Prem too.

RUC: Mummy, HMAC, (Giles, Redden) 1 Prem.

FWD: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Props, Cripps, Hampton (Weedon, Couch) - 2 Prem +n 2 possible Prem?

10 - 13 Premium
$38k remaining

still have back-line risk but I reckon at leat 2/3 of Lake, Howard, Dempsey will work out and 1/3 will be a keeper.
fixed rucks issue?
Reduced Mid-price risk
Hayes is a risk but I think will be a 90+ average player with 20+ games. If I'm wrong I'll wear that.
I think one of (or both of) Martin and Sidebottom will be premium forwards this year. (don't rate danger - has burned me).

Thanks to the three who rated. No problems with being rated hard.
Any feedback to these changes welcomed.

tor01doc

Looks better.

Backs - First 3 share a bye - donut time. Usual comment though so you're not alone. Lake AND Dempsey is a bit brave and takes from elsewhere but if both fire - bingo.

Mids - I don't like Hayes. If you think he'll be 90, then he'll go up by $70K which equates to a $106600 rookie scoring about 40. I reckon your worst cash cow who plays will score 60 odd and make you stacks more...and either way, you'll still have to trade out because 90 is not enough in your mids. Unless he becomes a keeper, not worth it.

Bartel and Selwood doesn't make sense to me. Surely there are enough options away from Kardinia Park.

HMc may have trouble getting huge numbers because Goldy was so very good last year and Petrie is pretty classy too. Imagine mid winter selection meetings considering selecting so many slow talls.

Forwards good except Porps looks better at F6 if you can swing it.

So I reckon 1 too many mid pricers in back. Hayes not worth the money if not going to score really well, same with HMc and then you can upgrade Porps and get a rookie in front.

Cheers.

redgum

OK. Version 3:

Goddard, Lids, Birchall, Broughton, Lake, Dempsey, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)

Ablett, Selwood, Gibbs, Hayes, Smith, Ledger (Magner, Gibson)

Mummy, Kreuz (Giles, Redden)

Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porps, Cripps, Saad (Hampton, Couch)

$44,600 in case the rookies don't get upgraded to the snr list and I can swap them for cheap senior listed players.

So I'm counting 4 Prem backs, 3 Prem Mids, 1 Prem ruck, 2 Prem FWDs.

Of the midpricers I'll need:
At least one of Lake or Dempsey to be a keeper (90+avg) (and I reckon could go prem 100+avg),
Hayes to be a keeper at least (100avg - as he has for every season until last. Last season he scored 124 points game 1 before his injury in game 2).
Kreuzer a keeper (90 avg),
Martin and Sidebottom to go Prem (100 avg)
and Porps or Cripps a keeper (90 avg).

I'm thinking 90+ is a keeper at B7, F7, R2. 100+ is a keeper at M6.
2 upgrades in backs mids and fwds will give me the structure I want.
I'm thinking 12 trades spent on these upgrades. 4 trades for LTI, 4 trades for finals.

tor01doc

Nice logic and being somewhat obsessive myself, I love the planning.

Your uniques could go really well. Could! If they do you're laughing.

Yes, Hayes might get back to  premium, but I can't help thinking it could take at least 1/3 of the season and his price might not rise too quickly esp if subbed. These guys often jar their knees and send a scare through the medical room. We'll see.

Martin can be considered premium, so be kind to your forward line.
Sidehole looks good and with Pendles and Swan and Daisy getting tags he might free up a bit.

Should go well with a bit of luck.