Geelong Cheapos

Started by bowyanger, March 18, 2012, 12:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most likely to get picked for rd 1 & not be the Sub from the list below

Guthrie
9 (17%)
Smedts
18 (34%)
Hogan
14 (26.4%)
T.Hunt
12 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: April 01, 2012, 11:11:13 AM

bowyanger

Opinions appreciated.

Is there someone Ive missed?

Talisman

Taylor Hunt. No doubt. Guthrie might play, same with Smedts, but I doubt if both will & whichever one does (esp. if it's Smedts) would be a very strong candidate for the vest. As a Cats fan, I'm happy for Simon Hogan that he seems to be doing better with his mental health battles, but I always cringe when he is named/runs out for the Cats in an AFL match, as his kicking is just not up to AFL standard (personally, I wouldn't want him kicking to a team mate 35m away for my life - he would miss!) - so I certainly hope (& think) that he should not be in the Cats' Rd. 1 team.

Taylor Hunt is a quality young player with a defensive mindset but also great disposal rebounding/going forward - I reckon he's likely to pick up the midfield tagging/run-with role vacated by Lingy.

tor01doc

What is Hogan's role. I thought he was going to be the ugly ranga's replacement.

meow meow

Talisman

Quote from: tor01doc on March 18, 2012, 01:10:09 PM
What is Hogan's role. I thought he was going to be the ugly ranga's replacement.

Hogan has no role, other than in the VFL - unless he can make a DRAMATIC improvement to his kicking. Motlop, along with Semdts, is another player who I think has green vest written all over him - even if they squeak into the 21 for Rd. 1, it won't be long until they are either in the green vest or in the VFL... Taylor Hunt is the right age & has the skill set to establish himself in the best 21, post-Ling.

meow meow

azza707

I think smedts is also a good sub candidate due to being able to play both forward and back, and has great agility for a taller player.

guthrie is a beautiful left foot kick so i would expect him to get games. the same could be said for T.Hunt. with milburn gone and now wojo and J.Hunt injured, i think these two will defs get game time. T.Hunt played 14 odd games last year and would have played more if it wasn't for injury.

Also hogan has been mentioned to take the tagging role numerous times now in articles across the board, and yes he's disposal isn't the best, but he is a smart player and his pressure and defensive work is way above others, making him a prime candidate for the tagging role.

youl_R_FCK

T. Hunt bye far. The problem is like already the other could start round one but when j.hunt wojo and varco come in possibly r2 r3 or if not will get the vest so is really hard to tell. Motlop safer but to pricey

meow meow

T. Hunt is a better pick than Motlop, because Motlop is too pricey? Haha.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: youl_R_FCK on March 18, 2012, 11:04:53 PM
T. Hunt bye far. The problem is like already the other could start round one but when j.hunt wojo and varco come in possibly r2 r3 or if not will get the vest so is really hard to tell. Motlop safer but to pricey

This makes no sense.
You prefer T.Hunt because even though Motlop is safer, he is also too pricey?

T.Hunt: $287,300
Motlop: $223,600

WHAT??

4INAROW