12 Premiums, 6 Low/Mid pricers, 4 Rookies (Picture)

Started by jeesh, March 16, 2012, 01:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

felsty

for starters i would downgrade penldes and pick him up later on when he gets cheaper! downgrade bower to bugg also! then downgrade claye beams. all of these players are just going to be cash cows anyway so you might as well save 90k in doing so! with that money i would upgrade danger into a proven premium such as goodes or pav! after that your side will be perfect your forwards are just a bit thin for my liking
rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50900.15.html

jeesh

Thanks for the input Felsty. I've made a few changes. If I was gonna downgrade Pendlebury it would be to Swan which would save me 40k. 40k may make a difference in the long run but I'm not to worried about it. I was thinking Danger is set to hit premium status this year but maybe it would be wiser to take a proven performer such as Goodes. Do you think starting a rookie ruck is feasible?

felsty

i had the same thoughts about danger. the way i see it if he does hit the top 10 forwards get him in then. you may have missed out in him going up 100k but at least you know he will be worth it now
with 4 premium mids it is feasible, i just like having one area not to worry about, barring injury.. so long as there is faith in rookie rucks which there should be. redden toweled up sandi or cox 1st or 2nd round and looks like he can handle himself. giles will have opportunity. orren will get opportunity, though he is the next jason laycock

jeesh

I like the old set and forget ploy for the rucks but wouldn't know who to take at this stage. I want to sit back and watch as the season unfolds to see who is killing it and bring whoever it is in later. What you said about Danger is good thinking. If he does kill it like you said you might have to spend an extra 100k to get him, big deal.

felsty

100k is 1% of your starting kitty. makes you see how small it really is!

jeesh

So I could save .4% if I downgrade Pendles to Swan. lol

felsty

correct! but that could be the differnce between a mediocre midprice player and one that you know will be a safe bet to rise! ;)

johnnytheboy1

The way Pendles is playing tonight i don't think you would want to downgrade him anyway your team looks strong across each line .The only player i can't see scoring Very high is Skinner.I think you better of with Porplyzia. You probably have 1 rookie too many on the field i think that 7 should be the maximum. Anyway i give your team an 8/10

jeesh

Thanks for the rate Johhny boy. My gut is telling me to stay away from the Porpoise. I'm looking at him as an overpriced rookie. Sure he's got 88 games under his belt but he's not gonna be a keeper. His best average for a season was 87 in 2009. So lets do the math. Starting price of 229K if he manages to stay injury free and average 87 he will get to the 470K mark so you've made 241K. A 100K rookie with job security only needs to average 63 to get you the same return. You will have scored a few more points having the Porpoise before you cull him but what if your 100k rookie manages to average 87?

bkimm32

Great point jeesh, but good luck finding a forward rookie that will average 63+ Smith and possibly Hampton are the only two that I can see that may possible average that. But I wouldn't count on it. Spend the extra with Porplyzia and bank on his 80-90 points each week.

jeesh

I'm pretty happy with my team at the moment and with only 9k to spare I'd have to downgrade someone to make up the cash to upgrade a rookie to porps. If I was gonna downgrade anyone it would be goodes to dangerfield. If he racks up 30 touches tonight I'll probably go ahead and do it.

jeesh

With Shiel back in the mix I've made a couple more changes. Think I'm set till I see the round 1 teams. Thoughts people?