first post for the year - all thoughts appreciated

Started by brutal, March 17, 2012, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brutal

BACKS:  Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, Shaw, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg (Smedts, Darley)
MIDS:  Ablett, Swan, Swallow, Coniglio, Wingard, Hogan, (Miles, Magner)
RUCKS:  Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
FORWARDS:  Franklin, Fyfe, Harvey, Martin, D. Smith, Saad, Cameron (Kerridge, Hall)

feel free to tear it apart - struggling to decide on a team with confidence!  structurally i think this is how i want it to look, but am open to all criticism
cheers

brutal

also, wondering if 3 prem mids is the way to go.  i only have 20k in the bank but would probably be able to reshuffle things to get selwood or someone, if i had to.  maybe go from cox/mum to a mid ranger?

tor01doc

Too good a team to tear apart. A bit of a body slam coming though.

R13 bye donut down back. Lids will drop in price. Guthrie too $$ for his upside.

Like 3 mid guns but Selwood is better value than A Swallow IMO.

Hope these pricey rookies don't get tagged or there willl be regrets all round, especially GWS guys like Coniglio.

Rucks are the very best - if you can afford them. I'll be getting Cox when he droops.

Forwards are different with Boomer but he's been pretty solid for ages now. I'd go Chappy instead but that's just me.

Nice and worthy of rating. 8.1/10.

Try and find mine - a bit different I know.

Big_Cox14

QuoteBACKS:  Goddard, Scotland, Delidio, Shaw, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg (Smedts, Darley)
MIDS:  Ablett, Swan, Swallow, Coniglio, Wingard, Hogan, (Miles, Magner)
RUCKS:  Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
FORWARDS:  Franklin, Fyfe, Harvey, Martin, D. Smith, Saad, Cameron (Kerridge, Hall)

feel free to tear it apart - struggling to decide on a team with confidence!  structurally i think this is how i want it to look, but am open to all criticism
cheers

I wouldn't tear that team apart.  I like the 3 mid structure as well as the unique pick of Swallow (He's a GUN!). Rookie choices in the mids - are there players that are approx $60K less that you think might get the same/similar output as the top draft choices? Could help you squeeze in another premium on the park. I'm employing the same ruck structure.

Overall pretty solid team around the park which could be improved by downgrading one or two rook middies to a cheaper rook who will get a similar output. E.g Coniglio - Shiel.