Prems that should improve on 2011

Started by miffysp, March 12, 2012, 05:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Both of the Riewoldt brothers.

Sandilands to average 130.

bowyanger

The ol' LJ avatar with a tribal hair parter!!!!

nice

Talisman

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on March 13, 2012, 10:34:29 PM
Watson will easily be top 5 mids this year. Everyone should have him

Top 5 mids in SC? No bias there bomberboy?  ;)

demon_spud

I'm with the Griffen call, no attacking approach.

Murphs and Gibbs also, as long as Gibbs stays mid with the Blues injuries he may float back into the backline.

meow meow

I think i'll improve this year. It's my 3rd year playing SC and I am ready for a big one. If I'm not a premium around here, I don't know what is.

Talisman

Torress

Quote from: meow meow on March 14, 2012, 01:02:13 PM
Both of the Riewoldt brothers.

Sandilands to average 130.

mate sharp work with the pic!!! LOL!!

enzedder

Montagna, Hayes, Goddard from Saints. I'll let you know about Riewoldt about mid season?!
Lake and Cross at Bulldogs.
Malceski back to his best at Swannies...my pick for most improved/ back to best.
Selwood and Chappy at Geelong.

Talisman

Quote from: enzedder on March 14, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Montagna, Hayes, Goddard from Saints. I'll let you know about Riewoldt about mid season?!
Lake and Cross at Bulldogs.
Malceski back to his best at Swannies...my pick for most improved/ back to best.
Selwood and Chappy at Geelong.

Re. NRoo - haha! Such a good call - who knows what he's going to do SC-wise!

Love your lists of prems to improve from 2011 -> 2012. I would love to have your confidence re. Malceski - he's been in & out of my team quite a bit - injury (esp. knee) history my biggest concern. Will take the risk with Porps at just over $200k, but Eski is about $150k more at $360k-ish. He keeps running through my head though - I just keep thinking that if he plays 20-22 games he's going to ave at least 95ppg. So tempting!

Footyrulz

For mids:

Selwood
Goddard
Martin
Rockliff
Swallow
Hodge
Montagna
Mundy

Also Swan and Gazza to a lesser extent.

azza707

Selwood due to that low score from being knocked out. chapman due to being able to walk after playing now :P

currently have jobs watson and hoping he explodes onto the scenes again and keeps up his form this time. also think stanton can still improve to the 115+ mark this year.

Pav, fyfe should also improve.

If montagna stays injury free then he should be back to his best with lenny back as well

i think with vossy going more high possession game style this year redden could absolutely explode. adcock should and hopefully will play more mids this year, he is such a good user of the ball and decision maker. hanley looks set to build on last year. adcock and hanley depend on whether the KPPs can stay injury free.

sloane and van berlo look set to up their average, akward price though. i think sauce jacobs is in for a big year as well. danger isn't a prem but if stays in the mids will avg high 90;s i would say.

If lewis stays injury/suspension free and clarko stoops giving him shut down roles when he is such a class player, could average up around 95-100

if gibbs plays middle all year will average close to 120 haha.

ablett will only get better with a full pre season.

Sidebottom looks in line for a productive year running around the mids. think heath shaw will go very close to being the best back this year.

robbie gray looks set to avg high 90's. Although you wouldnt really pick him, harlett could go anywhere.

agree that griffen could become one of the most dominant mids this year. bit of a smokey but bob murphy is looking fantastic this pre season and so silky smooth. still won't pick him though :P

Lids, Martin and cotchin all look to be naturally improving from being just outright guns. houli is another one who should benefit from taking lids' role.

bowyanger

miffysp

Some great lists coming up here guys. Gives some good food for thought.
Haven't seen much love for hodge. I can see him and Watson averaging much the same 110-120ppg this year.
The only thing I worry about with hodge is that last year he had some real stinkers even when he was fit.
I'm hoping redden can overtake rocky this year. It wouldn't surprise me at all.