benjy251090's Team

Started by benjy251090, March 08, 2012, 12:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjy251090

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Smedts, Darley <L Brown (ADE), Wilkes>

Midfield: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Pfeiffer, Sheil, McDonald <Mitchell, Magner>

Rucks: Cox, McEvoy <Giles, Redden>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Johnson, Pavlich, Chapman, Porplyzia, Cameron <Walsh, Kerridge>

Cash Left: $4900

I don't mind this team as I think there is better rookies in the backline but I could trade any of my prem forwards to a rookie and get any of the top backs except for Lids but he is an upgrade target.

fever

i think you need to do what you suggested in your last paragraph. look for shaw.

aside from that looks really good, except i prefer swan to pendles for cash saved reasons, pendles is the ideal upgrade target come ~r13.

benjy251090

Hmmm, fair point on Pendlebury and I guess I am most likely going for more a league win than overall (depending how I go early with luck) so I have done Pendlebury to Swan :)

I could do Chapman to Weedon (or any rookie >150) and Brown to Shaw but I need to work out if Shaw + the imported rookie will outscore Chapman and the rookie I choose to play.

felsty

I would downgrade chapman or Johnson then upgrade a rookie defender to a premium as its about the only line you're really shallow in
Could also downgrade pendles cos you will be able to get him cheaper through the year!
Other than that it's a pretty perfect side! Well done
Rate mine? http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50071.0.html

benjy251090

Thanks Felsty, as I said in my last post I had done just that ;)

New team is:

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Smedts <Darley, Wilkes>

Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Pfeiffer, Sheil, McDonald <Mitchell, Magner>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Johnson, Pavlich, Porplyzia, Weedon, Cameron,  <Walsh, Kerridge>

Cash Left: $34200

A new question I have for everyone is who should I have as my M3? I currently have Murphy but can afford everyone but Pendlebury and I want a player who will be top 6 midfielders or at least top 10. A possibility is Selwood, he is quite cheap because of a few low scores due to an in-game injury. I also think he may up his average due to getting the captaincy as well, any opinions would be appreciated :)

tor01doc

Good morning,

I like Selwood because of value, consistency and will not drop compared to others.

If you can use the extra $35 300 somewhere else more usefully, I'd take Selwood over Murphy to start with.

Leue or McEvoy?

Fyfe or Pav?

Could you squeeze Delidio in for Birchall with your money and potential saving?

Nice team though.

benjy251090

Yeah, they are all things I am considering :-/ I am going to go Selwood, I feel he may go top 6 this year for midfielders ;) In terms of Fyfe vs Pav it is a tough one, Fyfe is young and just broke out but this could mean added attention, and Pav is getting older but still scores well, I guess we could find out once the season starts but either way I think Pav will be top 10 forwards like he has been for years. In terms of Lids vs Birchall, I feel Lids has a really tough draw and with a lack of match practice, will be a better upgrade option where as Birchall could up his production level. Now in terms of 2nd ruck, I have enough money to get anyone. I don’t know if I want to go Goldy with HMac back in the frame and I don’t know about Sandi’s use. Mummy never gets 20 or more games a season due to body and discipline issues. McEvoy and Berger are both young so should improve more so I am thinking one of them, or perhaps even go Kreuser or HMac and upgrade Hargrave to a premium and upgrade the ruck to the other top ruck or even keep them.

ben_020285

G'day Benjy. I have to say that this is the best team I've seen on here.

BACKS: Perfect. Just watch how Lake and Hargrave perform for the rest of the pre-season and choose the best performer of the two. We'll get a good look at Lake this week as Hargrave is having a rest.

MIDS: Looks great. I think that Murphy is a better selection than Selwood as I think he will have a similar average to Selwood but more importantly he doesnt share a bye with Pendles. If you had both Swan and Selwood you would have to wait til after the byes to bring in Pendles or suffer a donut in the most important line come round 12.

RUCKS: Awesome. Do not change.

FWDS: Great selections here too. My only query is with Stevie J, yes he had a great year last year but historically he is not a premium SC scorer. I reckon Fyfe is looking red hot and being so young he can only improve from here.

9.5/10

Ringo

Just finalise the best rookies at conclusion of NAB cup. Select the best performing . Some need to be upgraded from Rookie list and will they play.
Backs: Great. Maybe Burchall to Newman or Lids
Mids: I would go with Selwood personally - arguments both ways - Selwood I feel is vastly underpriced and that is my recommendation. With Gibbs being Midfield for Carlton may effect Murphys score as well.
Rucks Set and forget
Forwards: Great again I would also take Fyfe over Stevie J. This would be an awesome forward line bar one week of byes.

9/10 Well done one of the better constructed teams I have seen.

benjy251090

Thanks guys for the feedback! :) I have done a bit of a shuffle and have finalised (pretty sure) my team except rookies until the Thursday before Round 1! :)

Team looks like:

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Smedts <Darley, Wilkes>

Midfield: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Pfeiffer, Sheil, McDonald <Gibson, Magner>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Chapman, Porplyzia, Weedon, Cameron,  <Zorko, Kerridge>

Cash Left: $71900

Any opinions on the rookies I should look at for each line as I feel my Premiums and 2 Midpricers are a good mix. :)

Shiftynev

Shiel and zorko are injured,not sure they'll be playing rd 1.
How many games is smedts going to get? Lots of competion at catland.

benjy251090

Yeah, I know, which is why I am waiting for the team to come out for the rookies to be finalised :)

benjy251090

Ok, I have two choices for teams.

Team A:

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, Lake, Ellis, Darley <Bugg, Wilkes>

Midfield: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Stevens, Pfeiffer, Ledger, <McDonald, Magner>

Rucks: Cox, Mumford <Giles, Redden>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Pavlich, Porplyzia, Weedon, Cameron <Hall, Kerridge>

Cash Left: $1600

Team B:

Midfield: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Stevens, Pfeiffer, Ledger, <McDonald, Magner>

Rucks: Cox, Redden <Giles, Stephenson>

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Johnson, Pavlich, Martin, Porplyzia, Cameron <Walsh, Kerridge>

Cash Left: $82300

I don't mind Team B as there is not too many good forward rookies and it gives me some cash to play with and it lets me see who will be the best second ruckman, especially if Redden kills it early on. So basicaly it is Mumford + Rookie vs Martin + Redden. Thoughts appreciated guys :)