Enough keepers in this team? Pendlebury now or later?? And those damn byes..

Started by Madmax75, March 10, 2012, 06:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmax75

Ive tried to pick keepers that I think will be in top few at their position so im not considering Lenny Hayes N Roo Sidebottom BUT the pricing this year almost forces you to have at least 2 or 3 mid pricers with the rookies and guns being so relatively expensive. So im thinking Porps Lake as they are so cheap. Ive highlighted the players I think are in the top 10 at their position in my team. Have you a similar set up or different?? Also my thinking is Pendles is a must have by the pointy end so how do you get him in your team? Get 2 rookies to increase in price to 300 000 plus then trade in a rookie with some cash to get him hopefully at 650 000?

B Goddard Deledio Broughton Lake Clarke Morris Bug  Brown Townsend
C Pendlles Ablett Selwood Swallow Magner Kerridge Allen Gibson
R Mumford McEvoy Stephenson Giles
F Buddy Fyfe Goodes Martin Porps Treloar Smedts Bruce Couch

Madmax75

And I should have said that I'm hoping lake and porps end up being keepers which would be the point in picking mid prices instead of another rookie  and if not then making money.

GlassHarmonium

Thanks for the comment on my team

Def: Lake is a risk but your obviously willing to take it, not sure about M.Clarke i prefer Ellis has looked solid in NAB cup games and could save you a bit of cash

Mids: Very Strong, like swallow as a unique should dominate this year as captain

Ruc: Good

Fwd: Good, cant fault

8.5/10

Madmax75

No worries. Thanks for your comments. Clarke i have been thinking about and whether he is in our best 22. Also want to take a couple of mid pricers so Lake and Porps are my 2 ATM. Seems like they are forcing you to pick mid pricers this year with the price structure

gotheroos!

Quote from: Madmax75 on March 10, 2012, 06:26:17 PM
Ive tried to pick keepers that I think will be in top few at their position so im not considering Lenny Hayes N Roo Sidebottom BUT the pricing this year almost forces you to have at least 2 or 3 mid pricers with the rookies and guns being so relatively expensive. So im thinking Porps Lake as they are so cheap. Ive highlighted the players I think are in the top 10 at their position in my team. Have you a similar set up or different?? Also my thinking is Pendles is a must have by the pointy end so how do you get him in your team? Get 2 rookies to increase in price to 300 000 plus then trade in a rookie with some cash to get him hopefully at 650 000?

C Pendlles Ablett Selwood Swallow Magner Kerridge Allen Gibson
thx for ur help.
defence is a little weak. i'd personally try and upgrade clarke / lake to a premium.
mids are fine.
rucks are good. is mcevoy a good pick? maybe downgrade for money.
fwds fine.

Madmax75

Good point as that is what I had in my previous draft
Pendles to Thompson
Mumford to Leuenberger
Fyfe to pav
Extra cash to defense but which team I guess is the ?

tor01doc

Nice team.

People are talking Hargrave up a lot. Consider him?

I agree down one back premium.

Like mids.

Pendles later for money and balance reasons.

Rucks are/were excellent - McEvoy would be fine.

Pavfyfepavfyfe? Either / or and possibly both after round 12.

Nice team.

Madmax75

How about A or B with changes in bold
Team A
C Pendles Ablett Selwood Swallow Magner Kerridge Allen Gibson

Team B
B Goddard Deledio Broughton Enright Clarke Morris Bug  Brown Townsend
C Ablett Thompson Selwood Swallow Magner Kerridge Allen Gibson
R Leuenberger McEvoy Stephenson Giles
F Buddy Goodes Pav Martin Porps Treloar Smedts Bruce Couch

tor01doc

Like the 2nd one better.
People will try and put you off Enright but he has been so reliable he'll be OK.
Rucks are great.
Forwards have 3 round 13 bye players but 2 are DPP so you may be able to squirm out of a donut dependnig on your mids. At the moment Ablett is your only issue and it'll mean Murphy would be off limits until after then but you could get Pendles or Swan in.

Nice stuff.

Madmax75

Thanks yep I have looked at the byes and should have min donuts with my dpps if the rookies are named.  I just cant see myself picking Harvey chapman Stevie j etc over pav Martin buddy Goodes due to the byes.

tor01doc

Agree with that but Chapman has been talked up a lot with his apparent injury last year and still quite good scores.

I guess we'll see.

Madmax75

Geelongs player management (which we will have to see if they can win the close ones and get comfortably in the top 4 so they can do it agian) worries me re CHapman as at his price you dont want him missing games during crucial matches in your league. Dont really rate any other forward options as high as the ones I have so better to try and get dpp cover as you say.