Third draft of my team..

Started by Sida, March 06, 2012, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sida

heres the team i've created.. very confident with it atm... (im not worrying about the byes. thats rounds 11-13). Will probably stick with these prems and just adjust my rookies on the way.

Back: goddard, scotland, deledio, shaw, guthrie, ellis, darley brown, paine
Midfield: pendlebury, ablett, swan, cotchin, kerridge, neale, smith, magner
Rucks: cox, mcintosh, Giles, Redden
Forwards: franklin, martin, zaharakis, sidebottom, porplyzia, smith, saad, pfeffier, hall

remaining cash: 0

umirin'?

John Flake

Quote from: Sida on March 06, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
heres the team i've created.. very confident with it atm... (im not worrying about the byes. thats rounds 11-13). Will probably stick with these prems and just adjust my rookies on the way.

Back: goddard, scotland, deledio, shaw, guthrie, ellis, darley brown, paine
Midfield: pendlebury, ablett, swan, cotchin, kerridge, neale, smith, magner
Rucks: cox, mcintosh, Giles, Redden
Forwards: franklin, martin, zaharakis, sidebottom, porplyzia, smith, saad, pfeffier, hall

remaining cash: 0

umirin'?

Hey Sida,

Nice backline premiums.  I would suggest dumping Guthrie for a rookie who will score just as well, such as Bugg, and save you $80k.  Also look for another rookie rather than Paine, I don't see him getting enough games to increase significantly in value.  E.g. Smedts

Midfield is very nice, but perhaps use the $80k downgrading Guthrie on Cotchin, and you can pick up Marc Murphy who I have more confidence in.

Good rucks.  Even though Cox will probably be the number one ruckman, you could pick him up throughout the year about $60k cheaper hopefully, that is what I intend to do.

Quite risky having Zaharakis, Sidebottom and Porplyzia.  None fill me with confidence.  Perhaps keep Porplyzia, move Kerridge to the forward line and pick up Gibson at only $94k, shave $20k off Pfeffier and Saad, and upgrade Zaharakis to a more secure premium.

Good Luck,

PICCOLLO

John flake makes some good points but keep cox.  The points loss not starting him will bite you if going for overall rank.
One of zaha or sidey but not both.
Your starting defense is terrific just changes reserves.  Get bugg.

Inadvisable to start with less than 30k in bank just in case you have to bail on a rookie and bring in a more costly one.

tor01doc

Nice butt...sorry but...

Would definitely not start with Pendles and Swan.

Save heaps by getting Pendles later and upgrading Cotchin.

Eg Pendles and Cotchin vs Selwood and Murphy.

Rookies - later.

Looks fine really.

HMc debate becoming mass.

johnnytheboy1

Backs : 4 top premiums which is great.Like the selection of your rookies also
Mids I feel that you should only have one of Pendlebury & Swan unless you are will to take a hit when it comes to the magpies having the bye. Apart from that you have a strong midfield.
Rucks Looking Good shouldn't have much trouble here except in week 11.
Fwds: bit weak up forward with Zaharakis at F3  but everything else looks ok.

Overall This team has the minor weakness up forward & as thus only 10 premiums. Ihope it works for you but you need another  2 premiums in this team. I give you a 7/10