2 + 2

Started by Matty411, March 01, 2012, 05:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty411

Upon reading about the coaches feedback and seeing the effect in the NAB Cup of the new 2 sub, 2 i/c rule, I for one am pissed off that it would even be considered to be brought into the AFL season proper (albeit in 2013). Apart from the additional burden this puts on the players injury wise, it is a general headache and strategic nightmare for teams.

In terms of DT - it's absolute nonsense. It will ruin Dream Team. The sub rule causes us enough problems with its uncertainty and negative scoring impact. It is and has also had it's fair share of negative feedback in the real world, too.

I think if the AFL wants to go down that road - they should consider adding another substitute to the bench, not replace an interchange with one i.e 3 i/c and 2 subs

What're people's thoughts on the issue?

Colliwobblers

i think for the sake of fantasy football ALL SUBS should be completely outlawed !

I think for the sake of the game 3+1 is far better than 2+2, which won't get up I think.

Matty411

Agreed mate - the sub rule is the worst thing to happen to the AFL in a long time... hate it - its hard to remember the easier times when there were no subs... we could place a rookie on the field without the rising thoughts of them pulling out a score of 6 because they only came on at 3Q time...

Would much rather see 22 players with no subs and maybe even a limited interchange rule of 80... would be better than the sub

Jukes

In a perfect world you'd have 4 interchange players and 1 sub. If only.

penskifile

If that happens, there will have to be an option where you can take the score of a player on the bench if one of your onfield players gets subbed, otherwise fantasy footy will be screwed

PowerBug

Zombie2.5

Chelskiman