any advice?

Started by corzer03, March 03, 2012, 02:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corzer03

cillers Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by corzer03. Salary cap left: $15,500.

Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Grant Birchall, Reece Conca, Christian Howard, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Billie Smedts, Tomas Bugg

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Matt Priddis, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Elliott Kavanagh
Lachie Neale, Sam Gibson

Matthew Leuenberger, Jonathan Giles
Tom Derickx, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Matthew Pavlich, Dustin Martin, Adam Tomlinson, Sam Kerridge, Aaron Hall
Gerrick Weedon, Tom Couch

Ringo

Def: You have 3 prems out with the Round 13 bye Lids, Birchall and Conca
Mids: Very Strong - maybe too strong with 5 players over $600k (Can you afford $3.2m of your cap here)
Rucks: 1 Prem and 3 rookies
Forwards: 4 Prems and 3 rookies.

Interesting Strategy with 5 super prem mids which may or not come off for you.  Just my opinion but the cash cows will mainly be in mids this year and with 5 prems may cut down ability to trade if other line rooks do not increase quickly. So basically you will have to select Rookies with ability to raise in price quickly to trade in other lines.

Not game to rate this strategy because if it comes off I will be left with egg on my face. Assuming you 5 mids get their average you are looking at a minimum of 600 points per week from these 5 and possibly 750 with Captain.  Assuming you have another 10 prems/rooks averaging 100 (Count 8 in your team at the moment) Up to 1750 and remaining 7 players average say 70 making 490. making prospective scores 2250 each week. Lot of assumptions I know but you can say why it is difficult to rate based on the strategy.

johnnytheboy1

Backs This is your weakest  area but can be improved by downgrade one of your premium Mids, You also have 3 players who share the bye in Round
Mids:Very Strong Midfield with only 1 Cash Cow on the field.
Rucks: Giles is playiing well could make a good 2nd ruck.
Fwds: I prefer Fyfe than Pavlich but that is up to you. i think Weedon should be on the field instead of Kerridge.

Overall: This Team looks good particular in the Midfield. where there are 5 Premiums.If you count grant Birchall this team has 13 Premiums. i gIve your team an 8/10

the captain

I'd suggest upgrading Birchall by downgrading both Conca and Howard. You'd be better off getting a true premium to replace Birchall, and getting cash-cows instead of Conca and Howard who are likely to not improve massively.