Thoughts on my team? To many rookies? (picture)

Started by LoCo, March 01, 2012, 03:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoCo

tor01doc

Not at all.

14 keepers.

Rucks your decision but I'll be taking Cox and McEvoy so I'll look forward to playing yours.

A couple of other comments, if I may.

Fyfe looks better than Pav.
Goodes maybe a bit cheaper later if the last few seasons repeat their pattern with him.

3 premium forwards share round 13 bye and you can limit damage by swinging Martin to mids bench but he'll have to share with Mitch so you'll need to be mindful of who you trade into your mids between now and then.

If you can save a bit on Goodes you might be able to upgrade either Murphy or Heppell down back since neither are really premium reliables yet.

Good luck.

LoCo

valid point, ill take it on board. is there definitely a supercoach game during the bye rounds? 

johnnytheboy1

Backs: You have a Great which you could improve by Upgrading Murphy to Birchall who is likely to score more 100+ Games.
Mids:  You will need to change your mids as those three have the bye in Round 13.There are better options than Caddy e.g Wingard, Mcdonald
Fwds: Again you have got too many players sharing the same bye week,Boomer Harvey could be a good replacement for rioli although he is a little bit more expensive or Either Stevie J. or  Chappy instead of Martin.

Overall: I think this team will look alot better when the correct changes are made, Once you remove the recommended players you team will look even better as it has the right amount of premiums. As it stands i give this team a 8/10

LoCo

so really i should be looking at maximum of having two prems out during the byes e.g. no more then 2 fwds out at time DEF, MIDS etc.

Are all bye rounds playing for season points? i tried looking round but can't find anything concrete?   

LoCo

People seem to have mixed opinions about murphy. im still 50-50

tor01doc

With a bit of cash left you can improve in a couple of areas.

Rowe seems pointless.

Couch? You certainly don't need him for DPP.

Murphy could be improved - ? Broughton / Birchall / Suckling

Overall pretty good potential.

Ringo

Def: Sound - Need to say that as your top 5 exactly the same as mine. Murphy is a slight risk but last year started to get back to 2008 form. Hence my reason for selecting him plus good option for bye coverage.
Mids: 3 gun rook strategy sound (include Caddy in Rook strategy despite price)
Rucks: If using Prem Ruck and 3 rook strategy prefer a different prem to Mummy due mainly to the suspension risk with Mummy.
Forwards. Very Good -

No comments on rookies at this stage save to say select the best available.

fever

Quote from: tor01doc on March 01, 2012, 04:03:18 PM
Rucks your decision but I'll be taking Cox and McEvoy so I'll look forward to playing yours.

i think a 1/3 strat is fine given the quality (or potential quality anyway) of the rookie rucks this year. bit like zac smith last year but with depth.

Fyfe looks better than Pav.
interested to hear why you think this? pav was moving great and played pretty well r1 nab

Goodes maybe a bit cheaper later if the last few seasons repeat their pattern with him.

look at sydneys draw. goodes is in the top 3 must haves to start the year imo.

fever

btw no jmac? i think he's a better option than both shiel and clifton so i'd take him and whichever you prefer of the leftovers