Rate my team :)

Started by Erazerx, March 01, 2012, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erazerx

Please rate my team and give me feedback or change suggestions, havnt really looked much into bye weeks and players who will be out in what round, so any guide will be greatfull...

McBayne

Not a bad team you've got there. Only a few things which need tinkering to make it a good side:

- BACKS: Not too sure on Yarran, probably won't get any significant midfield time and its always hard to tell with the running half backs whether they'll have a good year or not. Also, he is awkwardly priced and you would want him scoring around 90 points a week for that money, which I don't know that he'll be that consistent. Depending on how much money you have left he might be a good one to upgrade or downgrade.

- MIDS: Solid midfield, although keep in mind that Pendelbury needs to average around 125-130 per week to maintain that price, whether that is likely is a call you have to make. Keep in mind that he averaged 126 in the first half of last season, and bumped that up to an average of 132 in the second half. If he goes down in value he becomes a great upgrade target once your rookies reach their peak price. Yes it costs you a trade but you have to wonder whether the money saved is better spent elsewhere. And who knows how Bucks' game style will differ from Malthouse, he may have a completely different midfield structure which drops Pendlebury's possessions by 5 per game. We just don't know yet.

- RUCKS: There's plenty of competition at Cartlon for No 1 ruckman, and whilst Kruezer can play other positions he has missed plenty of football in the past few seasons, and his injuries are the type that repeat themselves, so if he is playing a more active role you may find he won't play a full season. If you do decide to change, look to upgrade to a true premium ruck, or drop down to another rookie to free up some cash.

- FWDS: Your premiums are solid, and I thiink most people are leaning to this sort of set-up. Watch your rookies closely, Walsh may not be a regular starter in Sydney's line up and Horlin-Smith played well in last year's NAB Cup but didn't get a regular season game. Skinner for the Doggies is an interesting one, he is a full forward, but as a rookie he would want to give off a strong presence to get decent enough ball to warrant a rookie place, especially considering there is a lot of forward rookie talent available this year.

Good effort, the main thing will be to watch your rookies closely.

Erazerx

Quote from: McBayne on March 01, 2012, 12:30:42 AM
Not a bad team you've got there. Only a few things which need tinkering to make it a good side:

- BACKS: Not too sure on Yarran, probably won't get any significant midfield time and its always hard to tell with the running half backs whether they'll have a good year or not. Also, he is awkwardly priced and you would want him scoring around 90 points a week for that money, which I don't know that he'll be that consistent. Depending on how much money you have left he might be a good one to upgrade or downgrade. If i were to upgrade or downgrade who do you recommend?

- MIDS: Solid midfield, although keep in mind that Pendelbury needs to average around 125-130 per week to maintain that price, whether that is likely is a call you have to make. Keep in mind that he averaged 126 in the first half of last season, and bumped that up to an average of 132 in the second half. If he goes down in value he becomes a great upgrade target once your rookies reach their peak price. Yes it costs you a trade but you have to wonder whether the money saved is better spent elsewhere. And who knows how Bucks' game style will differ from Malthouse, he may have a completely different midfield structure which drops Pendlebury's possessions by 5 per game. We just don't know yet. Do you think swan would be a better choice or someone else all together (swan not knowing if they had won or lost last week concerns me wether he is on drugs or something lol

- RUCKS: There's plenty of competition at Cartlon for No 1 ruckman, and whilst Kruezer can play other positions he has missed plenty of football in the past few seasons, and his injuries are the type that repeat themselves, so if he is playing a more active role you may find he won't play a full season. If you do decide to change, look to upgrade to a true premium ruck, or drop down to another rookie to free up some cash. I will try open up some money cause i really dont like the idea of 3 rookie rucks

- FWDS: Your premiums are solid, and I thiink most people are leaning to this sort of set-up. Watch your rookies closely, Walsh may not be a regular starter in Sydney's line up and Horlin-Smith played well in last year's NAB Cup but didn't get a regular season game. Skinner for the Doggies is an interesting one, he is a full forward, but as a rookie he would want to give off a strong presence to get decent enough ball to warrant a rookie place, especially considering there is a lot of forward rookie talent available this year. At the moment im just really watching the rookies through the NAB cub and see who plays well and looks like playing, who do you suggest i change and for who?

Good effort, the main thing will be to watch your rookies closely.

McBayne

- BACKS: Downgrade targets would be either Lake or Hargrave from the Bulldogs. Hargrave has been playing very well and Lake gets his first chance this weekend. Both are around $280k. Even Heppel is $20k cheaper and may get some midfield time as Hirdy tries to expand his role.

- MIDS: Mate who knows what Swan is on!! Look at Selwood, $100k cheaper than Pendlebury and will likely burn it (especially early in the season), so long as he doesn't belt anyone this year. My only problem with picking Geelong stars is that Scott has come out and said he will only be giving his top tier players around 18 games during the season so they're geared up for finals. A bit more expensive are the likes of Priddis and Mitchell, who will score highly and save you some cash.

- RUCKS: A lot of people are going Kreuzer, and at only around $420k he could be the one for you if you're struggling for cash but want a decent ruck.

- FWDS: You want to look at blokes like Tomlinson (GWS), Couch (Melb) - seems to be in a lot of teams, Zorko (Bris), Ugle (Coll) - may replace Krakouer, Hampton (GWS), or even drop Smedts into your forward line and pop in another rookie in your backs.

There'll be plenty to watch over the next few weeks so don't commit yourself to any particular rookies until Round 1.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Looks great  will need to watch Docherty in the NAB Cup will he perform well enough to warrant a place in the Lions 21.
Mids: I haven't  seen Pendlebury in many teams this year so will he score well enough to match his break even.I would prefer Swan ahead of him.
Rucks: I would watch kreuze in the Nab cup match if he dosen't improve his scoring i would look at Mcintosh as an option.
Fwds: I would look at getting Tomlinson in that team see how he goes against the Hawks. Hall should be at least on your bench.
I would replace walsh with Him.

Overall: Erazerx, you have built a strong team here with a good balance. Igive you an 8/10