RISKY - start with one less premium and trade them in before rnd 3

Started by Runnin Scared, March 01, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnin Scared

Ok, I know there is an element of risk, but I am playing with the idea of going with 1 less premium in my midfield and 1 extra rookie and cash in the bank.

The idea is that before the round 3 price change, i get rid of the worst performing rookie and upgrade them to a premuim that is performing well. The cash is waiting, but it burns a trade. The advantage is that you can select an extra rookie you are looking at and may avoid a premium who crashes.

It really seems like you are burning a trade, but if you consider that one of your selcted rookies goes bad and you trade out to the additional rookie you satrt with (instead of the premium) it is still using the same trades.

Hope you can undestand my warped thinking  :o :o

Is there any value in this??

Capper

interesting but you could be down 200 points?? which is hard to make up

not a bad idea though

karma suggests though as soon as you drop him he will improve immensely

Ringo

Depends whether you are on a 3 prem or 4 prem strategy.  If you are on the 4 prem strategy see a lot of merit and not a lot of risk.  Very risky though if on 3 prem structure as you will way behind with having to play 4 mid field rookies for the first couple of weeks. Will hurt if going for overall but not Lrague as league matches start in round 3.

Capper

m-ry

Out side the box :). I'm starting with 3 premo in mid looking at cashing in on mid rookies. Plus making my back line a bit better.
I know at the start I'll be weak but should be better off come second half of season

fever

def dont like. 3 games isn;t necessarily enough time to gauge how a rookie will perform in the long run and you needlessly burn a trade.

meow meow

Quote from: fever on March 01, 2012, 04:16:56 PM
def dont like. 3 games isn;t necessarily enough time to gauge how a rookie will perform in the long run and you needlessly burn a trade.

You could see Relton was the mother of all stuff ups after 5 mins. Richardson wasn't much better.

burner11

If your going to start with 1 more rookie keep your eye on rnd. 1 teams and hope the pick plays a fair bit maybe slelect from a lower based side due to more upside ;-)

fever

Quote from: meow meow on March 01, 2012, 04:33:19 PM
Quote from: fever on March 01, 2012, 04:16:56 PM

You could see Relton was the mother of all stuff ups after 5 mins. Richardson wasn't much better.

i didn;t have either of them (lol relton) but i had bewick last year and i doubt i wouldve traded him after 2 rounds, though by r10 i wouldve loved to have had ditched him. you're just not working with enough info after 2 rounds, especially if one of them they're the sub.

Disco

Most rookies are cash cows unless their duds like Relton. Get the most out of your rookies and trade when theyv'e maxed out then you may be able to afford to upgrade two rookies to two premiums

Capper

Runnin Scared

I am going off last year when there were a number of good rookies, but could only fit so many in. I traded 2 worst performers out after round 2 for best perfoming rookies and made $$$. But some of the bottom end premiums were so-so. This option means you can pick up better premiums, plus potentially get the better rookies with less risk.

fever

i think everyone is quick to forget just how valuable trades are down the stretch