Legal Eagles - version 17 654 and counting

Started by McBayne, February 27, 2012, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBayne

G'Day everyone,

Like most this is my umpteenth attmempt at a decent team (hence the extravagent version number) but this will obviously change based on upgraded rookies/NAB Cup form. But, in saying that:

DEF: B Goddard (DEF/MID), H Scotland (DEF/MID), C Enright, M Suckling, R Hargrave, L Spurr, S Morris [T Bugg, B Wilkes];

MID: G Ablett (CAPT), S Mitchell (V CAPT), A Swallow, B Deledio (MID/DEF), D Pfeiffer (MID/FWD), S Reid [A Treloar (MID/FWD), L Brown (MID/DEF)];

RUCK: S Mumford, M Leuenberger [J Giles, O Stephensen];

FWD: L Franklin, D Beams (FWD/MID), D Martin (FWD/MID), J Brown, R Cooyou, A Saad, B Smedts (FWD/DEF) [G Weedon, S Kerridge (FWD/MID)

Cash: $93 500

My biggest issue is that I have 4 players in both my midfield and forward line with byes in round 11 (Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, Nth Melbourne, West Coast) and save for upgrading or jumping on a cash cow mid season I feel like I will be wasting some of these trades since the players I would get in would only have a bye in 2 rounds time.

So perhaps if anyone can recommend player/s I've missed from any other team which would improve I would be truly grateful. Plus any other holes I might have missed or mistakes I have made along the way.

Cheers

MC

QuoteMy biggest issue is that I have 4 players in both my midfield and forward line with byes in round 11 (Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, Nth Melbourne, West Coast) and save for upgrading or jumping on a cash cow mid season I feel like I will be wasting some of these trades since the players I would get in would only have a bye in 2 rounds time.

You seem to be including your rookies/cash cows in this assessment - They won't come into it, especially given that you'll have upgraded many of those prior to rd 11 once they 'moo.'

Ringo

Agree with MC comments on byes -  If you are upgarding prior to the byes make sure the upgarde is to a prem who does not share the bye with 2 other prems on the same line. Just my opinion but this way you will maximise your scores during the bye rounds with a rookie taking the donut. Try to have only 2 prems aharing the bye on the one line for maximum return during byes.

Regarding your team I would move Delidio back to Defence in place of Enright - (have concerns with Enright as D3 has not averaged more than 100 for over 4 years and imo you need your D3 to average 100+)
Bring in another similar priced Mid to midfield to replace Lids. Maybe Selwood, Boyd or Rockliff
Rucks A1
Forwards - Solid will beams and Martin score the 100+ expected of F2 & F3. Would have preferred a proven Forward for F2 eg Goodes, Fyfe, Pav, Johnson

Not sure of the sums with these suggestions but let you work it out.

7/10 for this Team and good luck.

McBayne

Cheers for the feedback. I have made a few changes to the team. New team is now:

DEF: B Goddard (DEF/MID), B Delidio (DEF/MID), H Shaw, M Suckling, R Hargrave, L Spurr, S Morris [T Bugg, B Wilkes];

MID: G Ablett (CAPT), M Priddis, S Mitchell (V CAPT), S Thompson, K Lucas, S Reid [A Treloar (MID/FWD), L Brown (MID/DEF)];

RUCK: S Mumford, J Giles [J Redden, O Stephensen]

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe (FWD/MID), D Martin (FWD/MID), P Dangerfield (FWD/MID), J Brown, B Smedts (FWD/DEF), G Weedon [S Kerridge [FWD/MID], A Hall]

Cash: $47 600

The most significant change is going to 1 premium, 3 rookie rucks and upgrading a few of my premiums to higher valued players. My most significant concern is my lack of MPP flexibility, previously I had more MPP's in the midfield for ease of swapping, but now I'm down to 1 MID/DEF and 1 MID/FWD (and they're both rookies). Perhaps if anyone can think of any equivalent midfielders I could put in place to give me a bit more flexibility I would be grateful.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: As Ringo has stated below you should have Deledio in defence instead of Enright as i can't see Enright doing any better than Last year. Just need to make sure that Deledio is over his injury by Round 1.
There could be better Options than Wilkes e.g Tomlinson.
Mids Apart from Swan J.Selwood is the next best replacement for Deledio. Maybe Neale instead of Reid.
Rucks can't get much better here.
Fwds I would look at Fyfe or Pavlich. They will get more contested marks than Beams will. But apart from that a solid forward line.
I give you a 7.5/10

Ringo

Much better team - Not a fan of the 1 prem 3 rook Rucks but may pay off with the standard of rookie rucks this year.

Forwards would have preferred Sidebottom to Dangerfield Think more upside to Sidey rather than Danger.
I only use Rookie DPP in mid to enable a prem to be moved to Mid if required for short term absences eg suspensions or 1/2 week injuries rather than trade.

8.5/10 now. Well done.

McBayne

Have made a few more amendments to the team. So I would appreciate thoughts:

- DEF: B Goddard (DEF/MID), B Deledio (DEF/MID), H Shaw, G Birchall, M Clarke, L Spurr, S Morris [T Bugg, M Baguley (DEF/MID)];

- MID: G Ablett, M Priddis, S Mitchell, S Thompson, A Treloar (MID/FWD), L Neale [L Brown (MID/DEF), J Magner];

- RUCK: S Mumford, A Sandilands [J Giles, O Stephensen];

- FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe (FWD/MID), D Martin (FWD/MID), P Dangerfield (FWD/MID), A Tomlinson (FWD/DEF), R Cooyou, B Smedts (FWD/DEF) [S Kerridge (FWD/MID), A Hall]

Cash: $26 400

I will be watching Dangerfield very closely in NAB Cup, if it is clear that Sanderson is going to give him plenty of time in the midfield then he's a keeper for me, otherwise it will be back to Sidebottom.

I'm not 100% keen on my foward rookies, but NAB Cup will tell who makes the final cut.

I would be grateful for as much feedback as possible. Cheers.