My First Team!

Started by Linzo, December 21, 2011, 08:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Do not think Adelaide has an easy draw in first half with playing Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong Carlton,and Collingwood to round 10. I am keeping in the back of my mind the relative easiness of the draw in the second half of the season for Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and to a lesser extent Richmond.  Not an easy draw for these teams in the first half of the season where they play 4 or 5 games against last years top 8  teams.  In the second half of the season they only play 1 or 2 of last years top 8 so will be looking at prices that have fallen for their prems and target them as trades for bye rounds, 

You know my reasons for not selecting Goodes in Round 1 from a number of posts.

basically very sound team and would give 9/10 for this team.

Linzo

Thanks heaps Ringo....yes it's about nailing the correct premos.....Guns n rookies feels better.....Goodes for VC loophole against GWS for sure....

Linzo

TEAM NAME: Maximo123
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, J. Lockyer)
MID: L. Montagna, T. Cotchin, B. Moloney, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Zorko (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: D. Cox, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, J. Brown, A. Christensen, J. Porplyzia, S. Clifton, A. Saad (S. Kerridge, M. Panos)
CASH LEFT: $7,600

Went a weaker midfield but in saying that, Tags, Cotch & Moloney did average 100.....so I strengthened up rucks to include Cox....fwd line slightly weaker, but if Brown and Christensen fire all should be good....

charliesheen

mid field is the highest potential scoring area.  I think you need at least a couple of proven premium mids that you think will be at least in the top 7 for the year. 

No Ablett!  Who is going to be your weekly captain :O

Ringo

Agree with CS You have weakened midfield by dropping both Ablett and Swan. Liked your previous Team better than this one

Probably having the same problem as us all trying to get team in under Salary Cap. Basically I think you need 2 for each line and 1 Ruck to be a super prem who will not change barring injury.  Once that is set then look at maximising prems for the next 3 positions in backs and forwards and 2 in mids balancing rest with rookies.  Your decision on rucks as there are a number of opinions out there and being discussed in forum

Basically the structure is Prems with 2 rookies on field on 2 on bench for each line.

Linzo

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, B. Deledio, B. Lake, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (B. Smedts, J. Lockyer)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, D. Zorko (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
RUC: D. Cox, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, J. Brown, A. Christensen, J. Porplyzia, S. Clifton, A. Saad (S. Kerridge, M. Panos)
CASH LEFT: $41,400

Ok back to reality - Ablett & Swan in plus Rockliff....I like Rockliff....he just seems to get the job done and is never tagged...is this better Ringo?

Ringo

Sound team and like this one but still see a couple of risks which may or may not pay off,.
Mids: You now have both Hayes and Barlow returning from injury. Will both come off and worth the risk. Maybe just one.
Forwards: With Brown at F3 if he comes off gold. If not :'(
Personal Opinion Only: As A Brisbane supporter I am not keen on Rocky first up as I would like to see how he handles the extra attention he will receive this year following his stellar year last year.  Black and Rich have been the tag targets for the last two years and as we know Rich did not handle it well so hence you see my concern with Rocky.  In fact with Redden also breaking out to some degree think this year may be Rich's with the extra freedom.

Plenty of scope with this team with just a bit of tinkering here and there.

Linzo

DEF: H. Scotland, H. Shaw, C. Enright, M. Suckling, T. Bugg, S. Morris, L. Brown (J. Lockyer, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Priddis, J. Selwood, C. Wingard, B. Harvey (J. McDonald, J. Magner)
RUC: S. Mumford, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, A. Saad, B. Smedts, G. Weedon (A. Hall, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $13,200

Ringo!! What do you think??? No Mid fwd link and no Goddard yes I know....and Magner will start on field....

Ringo

Perhaps a bit overpriced in mids. But each has their own strategy.  This has resulted in having to play 3 rooks in both Def and Forwards making 8 rooks on the field each week until upgrades.
Maybe downgrade one of mids and strengthen one of the lines but your decision.

Reasonably sound team for the Structure you have chosen.

McBayne

Solid team you got there. As with every team there are a few changes you can make to improve:

- BACKS: Need Goddard or Fisher in here, if you can afford to upgrade Enright or Suckling then this will make a very good defensive line. See how Clarke and Lake go over the remainder of the NAB Cup as they might be good additions instead of rookies, the defensive rookies tend to gun early then fade later in the year, whereas Lake/Clarke should be pretty solid throughout the year.

- MID: You've forked out a hell of a lot of cash on Pendlebury and Ablett. As good as both of these players are you might be better off with having only one and using the saved money to upgrade elsewhere. Also Wingard will likely be the sub for Port, for $170k to sit on the bench for 3 quarters of the game you're better off dropping him down to Shiel or Neale, who will likely play full games. Also check on Harvey, is he going to play 20-22 games this year? There are rookies out there who will.

- RUCK: Set and forget is a good strategy which has proven to work in the past. Those rookies will increase in value pretty well so this will be a good chance to upgrade later in the season.

- FWD: Nice spread of quality forwards with some good potential rookies. You've pretty much got that right, just watch NAB Cup to see which rookies will play well, and often.

Good luck.

felsty

Quote from: McBayne on March 01, 2012, 01:29:23 PM
Solid team you got there. As with every team there are a few changes you can make to improve:

- BACKS: Need Goddard or Fisher in here, if you can afford to upgrade Enright or Suckling then this will make a very good defensive line. See how Clarke and Lake go over the remainder of the NAB Cup as they might be good additions instead of rookies, the defensive rookies tend to gun early then fade later in the year, whereas Lake/Clarke should be pretty solid throughout the year.

- MID: You've forked out a hell of a lot of cash on Pendlebury and Ablett. As good as both of these players are you might be better off with having only one and using the saved money to upgrade elsewhere. Also Wingard will likely be the sub for Port, for $170k to sit on the bench for 3 quarters of the game you're better off dropping him down to Shiel or Neale, who will likely play full games. Also check on Harvey, is he going to play 20-22 games this year? There are rookies out there who will.

- RUCK: Set and forget is a good strategy which has proven to work in the past. Those rookies will increase in value pretty well so this will be a good chance to upgrade later in the season.

- FWD: Nice spread of quality forwards with some good potential rookies. You've pretty much got that right, just watch NAB Cup to see which rookies will play well, and often.

Good luck.

i think that is brad harvey not brent harvey mcbayne :P

pretty good side but agree with mcbayne need 2 of scotland, deledio or goddard in the backs. hard for them to average above a hundred week in week out but these 3 can
midfield is great but again trade out wingard. as good as he might be with those red and green vests floating around im never paying top dollar again for a rookie! maybe to sam gibson of north? then upgrade suckling in the backs
rucks there isnt much to say.. great combo!
forwards are perfect again although maybe think about swapping martin and getting him in later with tigers hard draw first up.. also dont think weedon is worth a spot

8/10

McBayne

I figured that ... there's no way anyone has enough money to go for that much depth in their midfield.

So the question stands ... do you think that BRAD Harvey will be playing 20 - 22 games this year, or will another serve you better?