Mad MAx's Team Do I have the right Guns and Rookies to win my league?

Started by Madmax75, March 04, 2012, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmax75

Ive gone with the tried and true guns and rookies strategy that has been successful in the past. There is some debate on here as to what makes up a premium. Average over 100? I think season long keepers so Broughton if he averages 90-95 could be a keeper but if Thomas averages 100 is he a keeper when there are players like Murphy averaging over 110?
Locked in at the moment : Ablett Mcvoy Leuenberger Goddard  Buddy Goodes Pav. Do you think there are better options. Dale THomas is the interesting one I think he had a breakout year last year but is capable of even more and could average 110+ Players I have been moving in and out are in bold Any thoughts most appreciated.
Team:
B Goddard Deledio Brougton Lake Clarke Ellis Bug Townsend Brown
C Selwood Ablett S Thompson D Thomas Gibson Mitchell Kerridge Allen
R Leuenberger McEvoy Stephenson Giles
F Buddy Martin Goodes Pav Sidebottom Treloar Hall Smedts Couch

SonsOfZeus

ben_ess94

Lids and Broughten id keep. you can upgrade lake/clarke/ellis/bug so keep them as def prems are thin i would keep them both.

Selwood lock. S.Thompson i would look at moving daisy if you keep would have to wait until after their bye to bring in a pendles/swan

Martin keep. Sidebotoom same deal looked good last night

Madmax75

THanks for the quick feedback. Yep Thomas being in does mean that Id have to wait til after the byes. And I think Pendles Swan and probably Murphy would be the 3 players Id be looking at for the 2 spots left. I was also looking at Swallow from North instead of S THompson but THompson has such a good draw. Thoughts? Also had Swan in for Selwood but I think they will score pretty similarly but Selwood is underpriced.

ben_ess94

i had swallow last year and he can pump out some big scores! plus captain now I'm pretty surE? so i reckon he will be a better choice plus north is better then adealide...
selwood is a gun and goes hard at it. They say swan is gonna go away midseason again so maybe wait till afar that to get him in. 

would u mind rating mine 'get around me'

Madmax75

Thanks for the feedback mate. No worries will have a look now

Ringo

Just slight concern with Berger at the moment.  In NAB cup and trial games has not been as dominant as last year. Well beaten by McKernan and Jenkins last night which increased my doubts and as most people know strong Lions supporter,  Just hope it is a slow start but would not lock at this stage.
Forwards: Goodes, Pav and Sideburn share Round 12 bye.
Mid: Just go with gut with Thompson and Thomas.  If looking for alternatives Swallow, Boyd, Rockliff or Priddis viable options. Agree Selwood under priced.
Def: No worries here.

Still undecided on rookies recommendation due to only Round 2 of NAB cup and first slot of full games to look at.  Just select the best performing rookies named for Round 1

Madmax75

Thanks Ringo insightful comments as always. Good point on Berger, what do you think about Mcevoy. Would need to restructure to fit say a Mumford in. Not picking Goldstein with the Mac factor or sandi with the toe and rest factors and cox is out of my price range ATM. Thompson I think has such an easy draw he's currently in but Thomas is an interesting one especially with Bucks running him off half back for some of the game.  Byes I have looked into with some dpp cover min my 0s. Will post updated team soon

Madmax75

Updated team:
B Goddard Deledio Broughton Lake Clarke Morris Bug  Brown Townsend
C Ablett Selwood Swallow Thompson Magner Kerridge Allen Gibson
R Leuenberger McEvoy Stephenson Giles
F Buddy Pav Goodes Martin Sidebum Treloar Smedts Bruce Couch

Thomas out for Swallow and some rookie changes with a couple needing to be elevated.Also maxed dpp rookies for bye cover but will they be named ? Also is it a partial lockout on march 24 otherwise it's damn hard to pick the rooks?

Madmax75

Not many decent forward options not sharing the bye with Coll Geel etc so it would be Sylvia and Mummy vs Pav and Leuenberger? I'd prob try to get dpp cover rather than pick Sylvia. Thoughts?

Ringo

Partial lock out for Round 1 has been announced.

Do not overlook Boomer with Round 11 bye or Riloi/ N Roo with Round 13 bye.  All three imo better options than Sylvia.

Madmax75

I agree better options but what about this?
Cox Mcintosh or Berger McEvoy?
The first option gives me a lot of cash so Broughton could be H Shaw and Cox could be a differential this yr. also can pick a couple of the more expensive rookies.

Madmax75

That should have been Mumford instead of Cox as Cox and McIntosh share the bye.

Ringo

Tough one here - McIntosh looked great last night. Question remains will H Mc be roos 1st ruck choice in round 1. Was last night a true indication of Roos intentions observe next week and if maintained would go the Mummy McIntosh option but beware Mummy could have a brain explosion and cop a suspension.

Madmax75

Another vg point but is it Berger or McIntosh and the 200 k price diff. If mcIntosh can ave 90 and Berger gets a 100 then that 200k should mean 10 plus points with that money used to upgrade. Decisions decisions ....