First ever SC team

Started by jason2889, February 29, 2012, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason2889

DEF: Scotland, Shaw, Newman, Duffield, Armstrong, Hargrave, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)
MID: Boyd, Mitchell, Thompson, Hartlett, Wingard, Clifton (McDonald, Magner)
RUCK: Mumford, McIntosh (Giles, Stephenson)
FWD: Goodes, Martin, Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Watts, Smith, Saad (Treloar, Skinner)

Cash left: 37,700
So like title says, first ever team after playing DT for so many years, so any tips will be muchly appreciated.

fever

interesting and different team.

i think given your lack of the "big" premiums (goddard/delidio/pendles/swan/ablett/franklin) you'll need some others to pick up the slack and rise to a new level, which is possible but no certainty. you also have quite a few uniques that could really go either way, and one or two too many midpricers for my liking.

backs, i think look a lot stronger going armstrong (who i dont think is in syds best 22 atm)->rookie (smedts for example), then upgrading duffman to goddard. the duff was super inconsistent last year and i see no reason for that to change.

mids, hartlett is a gamble, dont know enough about him to comment. i've also got wingard pencilled in my team atm but there is talk he will be in and out of the side as they build his fitness.

rucks, great, no issue.

fwds, roo danger and watts are too risky to have all three. if you can free up 100k somewhere (hargrave to marty clarke comes to mind) then upgrading any one of those three to franklin/pav/fyfe/rioli look stronger imo

gl

johnnytheboy1

Backs Not a fan of Scotland Would replace him with Goddard. Newman & Duffield could work out well as there not in many teams but  i replace Armstrong with a Rookie E.g Tomlinson
Mids I would have Hartlett in your midfield there are other better option around that price

Rucks Should be OK.
Fwds Prefer either Sidebottom or Zaharakis than Dangerfield. Watts could be a good unique option this year.

Overall  This dosent have enough premiums and will not score highly i only count 9 premiums which is nowhere near enough to match the top teams.  I give this team a 7/10 and that is being generous.

jason2889

Thanks guys, I have made a few changes using your tips.
I will post an updated squad after this week of NAB cup to see if i can get a better rating then 7 :)

McBayne

Biggest thing to remember with SC as opposed to DT is that quality of possession counts just as much as quantity of possession. You're better off having a bloke who takes 20 possessions per game at 85% efficiency than a bloke who gets 30 possessions a game at 60% efficiency.

Now, to your team (keeping in mind you haven't put up your changes):

- BACKS: This is a very, very, very deep backline (in that your D6 is priced at $280k). Most players will (and I think correctly) have at least 2 starting rookies with a bloke like Clarke as their D5. This will free up around $250k for you to upgrade some of your average players into superstars.

- MIDS: My great, great grandmother has better hamstrings than Hartlett, and she's been dead for over 100 years. He may well have averaged well, but he missed 6 games last year and that doughnut could be the difference between you winning or losing a game. Wingard will probably get the sub vest most games so I would look to downgrade him to a player like Neale or Shiel and then use that cash (plus the cash made in your defence switches) to upgrade Hartlett to someone who will play 20-22 games and will average over 100 (Selwood would be great, so long as he doesn't belt someone this year). Oh and you need at least one of Pendlebury, Ablett or Swan, otherwise you will get creamed week in, week out by those teams that have one of those three as Captain.

- RUCKS: A lot of people seem sold on McIntosh, you just need to make sure he fits in to the Kangaroos team before forking out $360k for him.

- FWDS: Everyone has Buddy, for a reason, he is the best forward in the competition and will probably have another Coleman medal by season's end. I'm assuming that's N Riewoldt and not Jack, but either way both Riewoldt's are a risk. You're hoping Rooy gets back to his dominating form (a definite possibility) and that Jumping Jack can actually get some decent ball played in from the Tigers midfield. Everyone will warn you off Dangerfield but now that Neil Craig is gone he might actually get some decent midfield time.

Good luck.